search for color code

Thorsten,

Welcome! Let us know your name and where you're from if you are going to be around for a while. There is a lot of help to be had here once you learn your way around. By using the "Search" feature before posting you will usually find your answer, or comments from other's that you can expand on. When you have a new subject...bring it on.

Regards, Buzz

Buzz,
You crack me up. When I talked to you on the phone you made it sound as though you knew little about computers. BOY!, you learn fast! I think it's a great think to see your enthusiasum and willingness to jump in and help a new
member. This is what makes this site so good.
I wish you well and great fun on your GT40 journey.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Did you get out of bed on the wrong side ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, c'mon, I answered the guy's question, and somewhat less-than-tactfully pointed out the availabilty of the wonderful self-service features of the forum. What's wrong with that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The question's also been asked enough times that we ought to condense the knowledge that we have into a FAQ to make the answer easier for people to find.

I would have pointed him at Ron's recent discussion that said things like don't expect us to be nice if your first post is a question that's been asked before (or something like that), but I can't find it...

I like to see people at least make an effort, but maybe that's just me (and don't let me scare you off, Tstar - it's really not as big a deal as it is appearing from this discussion - that's what the smileys are for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). In any case, since nobody else has actually *answered* the question, here it is, condensed from the above-cited threads, and suitable for inclusion in the FAQ/Articles section:

Gulf Colors

These may be available as "Gulf Blue" & "Gulf Orange" from your paint supplier. The color codes from the original production car record sheets specify:

Light Blue: P030-8013
Marigold: P030-3393

These codes were both British Leyland (Triumph) colors. They apparently correspond to the following:

Berger Ref 1125 Standard Triumph Powder Blue
Berger Ref 1456 Triumph Marigold

The dark stripe between the orange and blue should be dark blue, not black, but we don't have a paint code for that color.

Hersh:

It's ten days since I kidnaped that teenager, got E-mail, and did my first post here. Thanks for your encouragement!!

Hey Steve:

Great recovery! Just another big pussycat trying to teach us humble newbies.

Regards, Buzz

Back