Secure Storage (Donington/Stoneleigh)?

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I realize that possibly not so many people will be going to Stoneleigh this year as we don't have the club AGM there, and the Donington event (with the AGM) is only the weekend before, however I was still planning to go (provided a few others are).

This means I will have 2 events on consecutive weekends that are 4 or 5 hours drive (+fuel costs) away. As Maxine & I have taken the few days off between the 2 long bank holiday weekends anyway we are thinking of making a 'trip' of it.

The current thought is that we will drive up on Sunday 24th, go to Donington/AGM on 25th then go off on a holiday, possibly to the Peak District for the days between then head back down to Stoneleigh "on the way" back home the following Sunday (1st May).

We are planning on taking the '40 and Maxine's very economical Golf and hopefully leaving the '40 somewhere safe/secure in between the 2 weekends. Does anyone have or know of a suitable location I would be able to store it, ideally somewhere between Donington and Stoneleigh, but anywhere in the area is a lot closer than home.

Cheers,

Max

Max,
I've spoken to the people who sorted my car last month. They are in Bedford and will probably help out if you are stuck.

Hi Max

If Halifax is not too far out I can find you space in the garage for the week. Could be handy if you visit the Yorkshire Dales or the Lake District.
We are about 130 miles from Stoneleigh.

Regards

Stephen

Max,
Am near Cirencester, could make some space in one of the farm sheds for you? Fosse road to Donny or could find you storage at my father's farm up south of Rugby. Pm if any of the options appeal.
Regards chris

Max

I live en route near Hinckley, about 30 miles from Donington and just under 20 miles from Stoneleigh.

We certainly have drive space which is secure behind electric gates (and possibly garage space if I tidy up a bit!). Or...Dick Townsend who lives 2 miles up the road has garage space.

Let me know if this will help.

Cheers

Darren

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Guys,

Thanks for all your suggestions & offers. We still haven't finalized our plans/booked anything, but certainly looks like this piece of the jigsaw can fit in nicely now.

Darren, your place or Dick's are best positioned so I will probably be in contact.
I have an all weather cover, so could manage without the garage, but if space in one is available...

Cheers to all,

Max

Max

No problem. We've got plenty of space so you won't be in the way.

If I see Dick over the weekend (that sounds wrong!), I'll mention it to him.

Cheers,

Darren

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dick,

Cheers, I will be in touch soon...

Can't quite tell whether it is dark grey or blue.
Pretty sure it's not me.
Can check our photos sometime to see if I went past this red Pantera (or was it the other way round...).
Think I still have some of your car I never passed on last year...

Max

Back