SEND YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS HERE !

I have been appointed the contribution treasurer. I gladly except the responsibility. Whatever it takes to keep this board going. This place grows everyday and soon the GT40 and the enthusiast will become as popular as the Cobra.
As I get the checks I will keep a running total posted on this thread. I will not use any names or post who sent what.
When you send the check, please include
your name and your user name on a seperate piece of paper if it is different than your real name.
Make the checks payable to Ron Earp
Send them to:
Hershal Byrd
2311 W. Dobbins Rd.
Phoenix, Arizona

Thanks guys,

Hersh
smile.gif

The Antique Auto Club of America may be willing to host this forum for free. It already does for many car forums. I have Emailed the info to Ron. The AACA is set up as a not for profit .org which allows tax deductible donations which enables them to fund this web hosting service.

Does anybody know how can contribute the people outside USA?
I guess that a check from my local bank won´t be very useful.

Thanks,

Javier

As I recall last time it was suggested to use Ron's wife's Paypal account - maybe we could use someithing similar this time - esp as so many contributors are overseas so Javier's point is good

Ron Earp

Admin
MK-IV,

I checked this out as well but it is very small. The software that powers that forum isn't too bad, but not as good as ours and we would have very little control over it. Furthermore, looking at the traffic on that site it looks appears that it is lighter than ours.

Maintaining our on server and software gives us control and the ability to ad features as we see fit. A good thing I think as we grow.

R

David

Lifetime Supporter
Check is in the mail. Ron, don't be bashful if unexpected expenses come up. I don't post here, but I really enjoy reading other people's adventures.

Keep up the good work
smile.gif

Dave Lowell

For our non US members. You can send your donations through C2IT. Its a Citi bank set up that can transfer money internationaly, either by check or account or wire transfer. When I signed up they were giving away 100 minutes of international calling time.
shocked.gif

Their rates are better than any other I have been able to find.
For those of you that need a good escrow service try Escrow.com.
Bill

Ok there's several suggestions been posted now for sending the money - could we get some feedback and a preference expressed from Hersh or Ron for instance

Ron Earp

Admin
Guys,

thanks for all the support on the forum!

I would prefer that people send any contributions to Hershal, this way we've got a third party involved. I do know Hershal for sure, but we're separated by over 2000 miles and don't see each other but on rare occasions. Hershal, as pointed out, was an officer of the law before retirement and besides that is a straight up guy, so I think he is a good choice.

I can post a PayPal account if you guys would like. Just let me know.

Basically, what we'll do is tally the proceeds and calculate how long we can run on funds. If there is a large surplus maybe we'll make some Tshirts or something, a couple of folks on this board have access to this type of service for cheap.

Hell, maybe one day we'll just make a US GT40 club?

Ron

Check is in the mail as well. Thanks for working it out. While the site was down, I was in a panic as to what I was going to do at work all day!
shocked.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hi Ron,

Please advise re the PayPal option - it looks like this is the only viable option for us non-US members.

When you are running low, just put a "heads up" in the forum & I'm sure everyone will kick in.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.
smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Will do ASAP. My wife is away for the weekend and when the CFO is out then little gets done regarding finances. She knows the PayPal account, I don't. On the other hand lots gets done on the car.

R

Ron,

Are you going to post a Paypal account? I use that and would be convenient for my donation.

Mark Clapp,

If you ever panic about the forum, just email me and we can panic together. We don't want to lose this GEM of a site!

Have fun!

John

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay, my wife has all the PayPal account info. Turns out it is still verified and activated, therefore it can receive donations.

All you need are two things, the site address and the verified email address to send mail to. These are:
www.paypal.com Paypal Web Link

and the address:

[email protected]

Hope this is helpful. I think with the recent offers of support (I'll post once confirmed) we'll be just fine foor the future.

Thanks much,
Ron

Back