Show us your GT40!

NickF

Lifetime Supporter
One pic of mine.

Attachments

• gt40 2.jpeg
    gt40 2.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 468
Brain, how does the car run? I was seriously contemplated buying that car when it was up for sale. Car is nice and clean for the age. A video of the motor running would be nice? I want to here the exhaust. Very nice ERA, and I am sure the price was right.

I could write so much but in short I went and checked it out right after BaT while sort of hoping I wouldn’t like it because the timing of this type of (absurd) purchase was/is kinda bad for me, I have my ‘dream’ Cobra already, etc. I figured that if it wasn’t the right car I could put this whole illness to bed.

Instead the car blew me away seeing it in person and even more when driving it. I had driven a few other GT40s but never an ERA. I was sold on this car instantly and it didn’t hurt that I loved the history of it.

It has some patina, which I think looks the part, but that is subjective. It’s been shaken down a lot and seemingly sorted and maintained again and again. Motor will get some cosmetic tweaks from me...but for now, I can’t wait to take delivery and just drive it.

I’ve tried to post video but it won’t upload. I think it sounds appropriately evil and wild!

Last edited:
Brain, how does the car run? I was seriously contemplated buying that car when it was up for sale. Car is nice and clean for the age. A video of the motor running would be nice? I want to here the exhaust. Very nice ERA, and I am sure the price was right.

Here’s a link the owner had put in the BaT listing. Does no justice but gives an idea.

Last edited:
Back