Show us your Reverse Lock-out

I would like to install a reverse lock-out "gate" on my shifter. So, if I could see pictures of your reverse lock-out gate, I'd appreciate it. FYI, I have a BEC GT40 with a SBF and a 01e 6-speed Getrag. Thanks.

Attachments

• Knotts GT40 interior shot.jpg
    Knotts GT40 interior shot.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 611
Larry,

I have not started the fabrication yet, but plan to use a solenoid to pull a pin past the gate lever on the shifter tower (Toyota). I will employ a simple momentary push button switch somewhere on the shift lever. I think I will make provision for manual operation should the solenoid fail.

Race cars use a crude flip up lever that prevents the shift lever from moving to the reverse gate. I suppose it doesn't have to be crude and can envision one on your setup that may look quite acceptable.

Andy

What I was hoping to do was to make it look "old school" with some piece of metal that would be manually rotated/unlatch/flipped-up to allow the shift lever to be moved into reverse. Has anyone got something like that and could post a picture.

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
One is the #2 LeMans car and the other is my SPF right sill shifter. The last picture is the inner workings of the SPF shifter. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Attachments

• Copy of DSC00674.jpg
    Copy of DSC00674.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC00998b.JPG
    DSC00998b.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 415
  • DSCF2211.jpg
    DSCF2211.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 419
Back