Side Mirrors

Hi All

I'm new to the forum, this being my first post. So apologies if this post is in the wrong section.

I'll be placing an order for an SPF MK1 later in the year and I'm currently doing research etc and the forum has been a fantastic in that regard. Here in Australia we are required by law under ADR to have side mirrors on the car which I don't have an issue with. I find however that the SPF provided option just appear to heavy on the car and ideally I'd like to find an option that is both pleasing on the eye and also functional.

Of all the images I've researched the mirror option depicted in the attached photo is my preference. Unfortunately I was unable to get any reference to what this mirror style, make etc is but was hoping that someone on the board may know exactly what side mirror is depicted in the photo.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated and I look forward to learning more from the forum community.

Regards

Attachments

• IMG_1439.jpeg
    IMG_1439.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 523
The mirrors on that car look like the Vitaloni California Mirror, they're readily available online.

SPA 'GT' or 'Formula' mirrors are another good choice & perhaps offer better rearward visibility that the Vitaloni's.

Kind regards
Julian

The mirrors on that car look like the Vitaloni California Mirror, they're readily available online.

SPA 'GT' or 'Formula' mirrors are another good choice & perhaps offer better rearward visibility that the Vitaloni's.

Kind regards
Julian
Hi Julian

Thanks for your help on this. I’ll look into all those options you listed.

Regards

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Do search here, there is a large thread on mirrors and options. BTW, SPF does not provide any outside mirrors with the chassis. Any outer mirrors are from the dealer, installer or customer installation.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
The Vitaloni Californian's may require a bit of internal rework depending on location, on my Pantera I had to finesse the internal rotation cup with a Dremel to get sufficient angle on the passenger mirror for a good rearward view.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
JE, in Australia the mirrors need to physically stick out from the side of the car? They wouldn't allow bullet mirrors like mine?
Hood GT40.JPG

Back