SL-C just a couple of things?

The first is the side windows. Does anyone have any pics of these windows installed on the car. We use window sliders on our helicopters and it works great. Pics coming soon.

Second, I prefer the look of the RACEPAK DATA logging system over the DIGI. But I'm not sure if there is enough room to mount it.. How big is the dash area in front of the steering wheel W x H?

Hi,

3 5/8" H x 6 1/2" W is the inset dimensions above the column notch. The sun "hood" curves to the cutout area which might make installing a taller unit a problem.

Doc, a couple of us have recessed the Digidash unit further into the recess by cutting & 'glassing in a new back panel. Looks much better! 1"-1.5" deeper.

Big Tone,
The SL-C opening side windows tilt open from the bottom. Hardware is similar to the GT40's. The solid windows (non-opening) would work well with helicopter vents.
I haven't yet had the experience of driving my car, so cockpit airflow remains unanswered for me at least for the time being.

Speaking of the digidash, how do you guys like it overal?

I'm more of a gauge guy, hopefully I can adapt to it - I just like to see the RPM needle, not a number :D

Alex,

The two problems with the SPA dash that jump out:

1. Too wide so you'd have to modify the dash opening.

2. The Speedometer reads "only" to 160mph and it does not appear to be user-defined.

Back