SLC 005 has been delivered

Well guys, took delivery of my SLC just before the 4th of July. The coupe was done in black gel coat, and as other have commented, the body is incredible. Having worked on previous kit cobras I can tell you the body work is second to none. I also have to commend Fran, as I am using an older sprint car engine based on a Gen 1 iron block, which made my chassis unique, but Fran accomodated my every request. Even though I have probably made half a dozen trip to Fran's shop, I am still amazed by the quality of the work that has gone into this coupe up to this point. If anyone has the chance I would highly recommend a visit to RCR.

Congratulations Dan!
How' bout a build thread as you get going. I'm waiting for SL-C #9
warmed over LS-1/930, also black with black WIDE CCW wheels, new style windows.

congrats dan,
i would say welcome to the club....but I'm not a member of the 'received ' club yet! supposed to be this week, if i had selected yellow or black i would have had my car now too. what gearbox are you using? a sprint car engine is a good track choice or a mean street choice, from what i saw reasonably priced and powerful. i certainly considered such.

where in the country are you?

Mate, exciting times. Thanks for the kind words. :)

Sounds like it will be a unique drive train. What transaxle are you going to run? Porsche 930 LSD box?

Sorry, no pictures yet. I took delivery of the coupe myself as I am only about 2 hours west of Fran's shop. After getting to my shop we had a fairly severe storm and the power has been out since. In any event, hopefully the power will be back on today, and I plan on doing one more dyno pull on the engine before putting in the chassis. The trans is a slightly modified G50/52. The engine is set up with Kinsler fuel injection and I promise to post pics once the engine is in the car.

Dan,
If I were living only two hours from Fran's shop he would be VERY upset as I would attempt to bunk there! We are all awaiting your build link & photo's.
Again, CONGRATS!

Back