SLC Aftermarket Seat Option

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Momo has a new seat out that has potential: N51

100870d1232738026-momo-n-51-tuning-seats-momo-n-51_-2-.jpg

I can't find any dimensions anywhere but it doesn't look any bigger than the RCR seats.

Buddy - sorry, I've got the body off on mine right now.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...Would someone who is at a point where they can take a measurement from floor of car to top as straight up as possible as well as a close measurement of the angle of the tank cover...Approximate shoulder measurement would also be helpful.

Fran (gt40fran) probably has those specs memorized.

Or you might call Superlite direct at 586-329-1573. :chug:

Momo has a new seat out that has potential: N51

100870d1232738026-momo-n-51-tuning-seats-momo-n-51_-2-.jpg

I can't find any dimensions anywhere but it doesn't look any bigger than the RCR seats.

That seat base/height looks too big. The base of the Tillet is thin and sits right on the dropped floor pan. The top of the seat/wings has about 1-2" of clearance from the door. Looks like a nice seat but doubt it'll work.

Attachments

• Tillet B5-Dimensions-17052012.pdf
    64.8 KB · Views: 321
The Mono N51 has been available for at least 6-7 years. It's a good looking seat and I investigated it along with many others searching for the holy grail.

Your B5's look great. I didn't realize you changed out your seats.

Last edited:
The Mono N51 has been available for at least 6-7 years. It's a good looking seat and I investigated it along with many others searching for the holy grail.

Your B5's look great. I didn't realize you changed out your seats.

Thanks - my prior seats were very comfortable but I did not like the way the harness was prohibited from doing it's job. The B5's fit the car, me and harness set-up.

Bringing up an old, but important, thread.

Some years ago, I went to the Tillet B5s, and think they are ideal for my use case.

But I have recently seen some modified stock seats that have made me reconsider my original take on them.

For example, a close look at Rumbles' car-- which uses the stock seats as a foundation-- shows that they can be made both attractive and functional, improving the looks and fit. I recall that he ended up trimming the wings, and even made a back, so the seat looked like a traditional seat, with a front and a back. All in all, a very nice job, and with the unique approach to upholstery on an SLC, it looks every bit the part for a supercar as well.

I briefly considered the idea of modifying the stock seats, but thought it would be too much trouble, and that the results might be unsatisfactory. Bill's car shows that this doesn't have to be the case.

There are other cars as well, like Stu's car in Australia, which have been nicely upholstered, and look great, though I don't know if they have had the wings trimmed or not.

Once you commit to modifying a seat, previously insurmountable problems like an incorrect headrest angle when fully reclined can also be addressed with relative ease.

The bottom line for me, at least? The stock seats, both the original and now the new seats with shoulder belt holes, are a reasonable foundation for some drivers as-is, and can be modified to meet the needs of taller or wider drivers with a just some creativity and thought. And they can be made to look pretty good as well.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Seat are a tough deal. More specific, finding room in the cockpit is a tough deal. The gentleman's seat from RCR gives the best room. The cockpit is small, and any additional space is a plus. My dilemma is that I wanted and adjustable seat so that my wife can get into the car and drive it too. Thus an adjustable back is needed.

I am working with a company to develop just that. The seat in development accepts a 5 point harness, can be finished in a multitude of colors, and has an adjustable back. It can be put onto sliders for front to back adjustment. My problem with the prototype is that when it is on sliders, I do not have enough head room and that interferes with the interior tub when adjusted forward. Thus, I believe it will be done without front/back adjustment. The prototype seat is back at the manufacturer having the seat bottom reduced even more to allow a lower seating position. Stay tuned...

IMG_6685.jpg

Not sure if these have been discussed, but I have had my eye on them. Have not asked about any measurements though. The back does look pretty low though.

Pair Black Bride Gias V2 Carbon Fiber Low Max Reclining Mechanism Racing Seat | eBay

Edit- read more of the ad, they are replicas of the Brides. Thought the price was too good!

Unless you are short, I think the seats still look too high, despite the talk in the ad about them being low.

If you do buy them, let us know how they fit, and your height.

Not sure if these have been discussed, but I have had my eye on them. Have not asked about any measurements though. The back does look pretty low though.

Pair Black Bride Gias V2 Carbon Fiber Low Max Reclining Mechanism Racing Seat | eBay

Edit- read more of the ad, they are replicas of the Brides. Thought the price was too good!

Bride Gias V2 Racing Seats Pair Black Gradation Low Max Bucket Seats w Sliders | eBay

There is a cheaper version of them. They do look good. Looking at the pictures I would think if you do not have the sliders and bolt to the floor it might be low enough. The main concern is the padding below the back of your legs around the knees. This looks like it might be a bit high, but that might be able to be trimmed down a bit to fit nicely.

Do anyone have more dimensions of these seats to see how they fit to make sure.

I have the chipher seats and they still feel a bit tall in there and I am only 5-6. With a helmet, no way.

This is both an interesting and puzzling thread for a rookie. It is easy to see that virtually everyone commenting here has put both a lot of thought and research into the seat issue. I wish everyone who has commented here would post a few sentences explaining what exactly they feel is wrong with the seats offered by RCR for the superlite. How about it guys? Enlighten me.

Back