SLC Aftermarket Seat Option

Correct...mounts and seat belt access....as everyone is a different shape, seatbelts/harnesses have to be routed appropriately and this pocket allows adjustment for seat mounts and also belts...

Do you sell a seatbelt setup that wraps around the roll bar (i.e., no welding in attachment points) and works with the old style seat?

Do you sell a seatbelt setup that wraps around the roll bar (i.e., no welding in attachment points) and works with the old style seat?

Step by step video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcN-JAMw3c&list=UUz0etXlIQnDtbfHzCtGwduQ&index=5"]SCHROTH Training #1 How to Wrap Your Harnesses Correctly - YouTube[/ame]

Has any one ever seen these seats ?
Hot Rod Zeppelin Car Seats - Hot Rod Zeppelin
I am thinking they may fit us larger types : )
this one is kinda ugly but with some nicer upholstery and a head rest change it could be nice? These guys make them custom so any changes should not be a problem. They also have one called the Pan Am which should work as well but lot more money.

Attachments

• hot rod seat.jpg
    hot rod seat.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 513
Has any one ever seen these seats ?
Hot Rod Zeppelin Car Seats - Hot Rod Zeppelin
I am thinking they may fit us larger types : )
this one is kinda ugly but with some nicer upholstery and a head rest change it could be nice? These guys make them custom so any changes should not be a problem. They also have one called the Pan Am which should work as well but lot more money.

Great find. Even if you don't find the perfect seat...they seem like the kind of place that can make you just about anything you can dream up. I would've called these guys with ideas...but I blew my wad on Tillets.

Maybe for the next project :sneaky:

Doc - The Cobra seat is VERY close to fitting perfectly out of the box. I'll post some photos a little later.

SLC seat dimensions (base flat on the floor):
Height = 33.5"
Width = 19"
Depth (total) = 22"
Width (shoulders - max) = 22"
Width (waist - max) = 17.5"
Headrest width at top = 6.5"
Headrest width at top of seat back = 9.5"

The Recaro Sportster CS is a beautiful seat - but it won't fit. Your dimensions are a bit off based on the information I have. The backrest height from the floor to the top of the headrest is just over 36" - WAY too tall. And the plastic seat back would make modification troublesome. Take a look at vividracing.com for a dimensioned diagram.

Regards,
Dave L

Kyle this was posted on the first page of this thread by Dave Lindemann
The problem with these seats are the bolsters are quite high and vertical so people my size don't fit. Fran has, or is, making a modified version with lower bolsters and less rib cage support so they may work for us bigger guys and if not I am working with a custom seat manufacturer for one that will be really big.

Last edited:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Actually, those are the dimensions of the stock RCR seat - not the gentlemen's seat.

Dave L

and would be the measurements of the larger gentlemens seat.
The problem with these seats are the bolsters are quite high and vertical so people my size don't fit.

The problem with these seats are the bolsters are quite high and vertical so people my size don't fit. Fran has, or is, making a modified version with lower bolsters and less rib cage support so they may work for us bigger guys and if not I am working with a custom seat manufacturer for one that will be really big.

Yeah post #129 by Fran shows the "I'm big boned seat. That is the one I was asking for dimensions for.

Cipher CPA2001 Cipher Euro Racing Seats Black Leatherette Carbon Fiber w/ White Stitching - Pair [CPA2001PCFBK-W] - $899.00 : Cipher Auto!, Automotive Parts Accessories & Universal Racing Seats

Thoughts on these fitting? The base seems lower so you can sit lower in the car and might even be able to use sliders for the taller guys. I just wonder if the height is too much. I know the other Cipher seats that are 34" tall will fit, but these are 36.5. Thoughts? I like how these look and they seem ok for the price per pair.

Well - after an exhaustive search I switched out my GTM seats and installed the Tillett B'5s. I gained a bunch of real estate and these seats keep me in place. The passenger side has less install wiggle room but tons of area on the drivers side. These fit my body/build (a hair under 6' 185-190lbs.) but likely would not be comfortable for "larger" persons. The B4's have another 10 degree lean-back and higher bolsters so I did not go that route. I used the tillett TB3 seat rails bolted directly to the floor. I apologize for the phone picture resolution.

Attachments

• IMG_4789.JPG
    IMG_4789.JPG
    286.2 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_4792.JPG
    IMG_4792.JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_4790.JPG
    IMG_4790.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 530
I have been reading and greatly enjoying these forums for some time now. Maybe getting closer to taking the plunge. Would someone who is at a point where they can take a measurement from floor of car to top as straight up as possible as well as a close measurement of the angle of the tank cover. It will give me a good idea of whether or not I'll be able to fit in the car comfortably. Many thanks in advance. Wife wants to be sure that we will both be comfortable on trips to shows riding in one Approximate shoulder measurement would also be helpful. Again many thanks

Back