SLC power train vendor

Hi everyone,

I planned to have LS3 for my SLC, any idea what transmission I should get and suggest vendor I should buy complete engine & transmission from.

Thanks

Ron McCall

Supporter
The Graziano L140 would be my recommendation. HCF Autosport can supply you with the trans but I'm not aware of anyone supplying the entire drivetrain.

Ron

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
As Ron said, contact John @ HCF for the transaxle. Here is a recent post from him.
Doesn't Fran offer his help with sourcing these parts. I thought at one time he was. Perhaps give him a call.

Regards Brian

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Also there is a used V10 graziano transaxle for sale on eBay for $7750 Currently. Send it to Ron McCall for an inspection, gear upgrade and removal of the forward facing drive shaft (he also sells/installs a custom made in house blank off cover). The V10 models do not require any case machining. The V10 model goes by the designation KVJ. The V8 model goes by the designation KBA. You can find it on the serial number tag (bottom row). Another benefit of the V10 model is a slightly better gear spread. I have one ready to go for my next project.

Plus there is a really good deal on a pair of LS exhaust manifolds in the “for sale“ section.

Last edited:
Thanks for your informations, comments and suggestions. I have limited knowledge of auto mechanics, so I don’t want to facing much modifications possible building up my first kit car. Hopefully I can get good deals on L140 transmission.
Is anyone know blue point complete engine with AC will fit into SLC engine bay?

Thanks

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Warren, what is a L140 transmission ? Just my thoughts here, but PLEASE read a bunch of these build threads before jumping in. There is a vast wealth of information on this site on the SLC.

Regards Brian

Back