SLC preview for Gearz TV Show.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
More than likely... I remember back when my cable company (Time Warner) first started carrying Speedvision (now Speed), it came with Basic Cable. A year later, they changed everything up and put Speedvision on the third tier along with The Golf Channel, The Bowling Channel, The Let's Watch Paint Dry Channel... Grrrrrr... Then they sold the whole nine yards to Comcast and guess what! The @holes changed it all up again! I had to buy darned near $100 worth of cable to get Speed!!!! I ditched them and got Direct TV Dish.. Of course they too had to put it on a tier with all the college football channels... Grrrr....

'Pretty much like ordering a new car these days, isn't it. In order to get the 3 or 4 things you actually want, you have to order 3 or 4 "option packages"...each one of which contains only one of the 3-4 things you actually want - along with a bunch of crap you don't want and will never use. Bottom line? The car ends up costing you darn near twice what it should.

The 'big boys' should take a page from the 'handbooks' of RCR, SPF and the like in that department. But, of cour$e, they won't...

Yeeeikes I see that many people have a much better opinion of Stacy's show then I do. It is still cool seeing the SLC on TV though.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
What happened to the SLC build? I had gotten so frustrated with the show that I stopped watching - anything new???

Dave L

According to the Gearz Facebook page photo posted at 16:30 EST 16JUL13:

Don't forget to tune in tonight for the season finale of GearZ! 8:00pm EST on SPEED.

The question is-- will he finish his SLC or will we be left twisting in the wind?

I can tell you this show does not show the finished car..but its got some cool engine bay stuff going on.......there will be whole lot more on the SLC in future shows ...ISIS wiring, interior, race tail/wing options to mention but a few

Thanks, Fran. I have been under the impression that the Speed Channel is being changed this fall, and some of the current content will be dropped.

Have my DVR set to record new shows of Gearz and as of today, there is a new episode with the SL-C. It shows a little more of the twin turbo setup by Jeff Schwartz and it looks like that part of the build has been completed. Love how the exhaust exits the rear.

Thanks Ricardo, Wish I hadn't seen that. Any one want to buy an LS7, side exhaust system and cool air intake system lol. Wow that is very impressive could only imagine how much that set up is worth $ $$,$$$.$$ now l want to see who has the balls big enough to drive that thing flat out :)

If you think about the cost of a new Lambo vs a twin turbo SL-C you're still cheaper with the SL-C! :)

Stainless Works out of Ohio completed the exhaust system, while we just did the engine upgrades & twin turbo fabrication on it. It was a pleasure working with Stacey on this and we can't wait to see it driving!

Looks like they're moving off of Speed channel in a month, no word as to which network they'll be airing on though!

-Dale

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com Dale...

Please take a look at our rules at the following link and make the appropriate adjustment to your user name..

GT40s.com - FAQ

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Posted on the Stacey David Facebook page earlier this morning:

We would like to say THANK YOU to SPEED, for 6 great years. August 15th will be the last day that you will be able to see GearZ on SPEED. All previous seasons are available to view on our website, Stacey David's GearZ | Official Website. Not to worry, big announcements are coming soon! We will have information shortly on a couple moves that we are making!

Welcome Dale! Awesome to have you on this site!

As for GearZ, will the big announcements included not having such a stupid schedule with regards to each of his projects? You know, like sticking to a project, not jumping around so much and not repeating previous episodes over and over and over again....

I gave up watching it, will download all the relevant ones when it's done and watch in order like it should be.

Thanks for posting that link to the episode - seriously cool stuff.

I can just imagine the reactions when that rear clip opens up and people see what is inside!

Back