SLC preview for Gearz TV Show.

I think I just had a crisis in my trousers. In preparation for the shows, I've cleared everything off of the DVR. 3 days and counting!

Sweeet.....I want one of those!!!

Cars that cost half as much?...."turn car builders into fiberglass experts one purchase at a time".... :knife:

I have to say I had quite a grin on my face watching that...

We hope to have some other cool news about an SL-C in the next week or two....a high profile movie appearance....fingers crossed.

The movie bit would be awesome!!! I've heard there's another Fast/Furious movie in the works.

No love for the Razor?????? Just kidding...

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Fran - I really hope you've "geared-up" (pun intended ;-) your production and your suppliers because once all of this gets going your phone is going to be ringing off the hook! I can't wait to see the entire series - judging by this teaser it's going to be amazing.

See you next week!
Dave L

Great showcase Fran! Finally people will understand the difference between a "kit car" and a "component car"......

Agreed. In the last ten years (or so), the kit car industry has changed radically. And leading the industry, and more than likely the reason the SLC was chosen, is because RCR is miles ahead of ANYTHING ELSE out there. Yes, there's great Cobra replica manufacturers like Kirkham and Superformance, but those have been replicated to death. People have and always will want an exotic car. Up until recently, you would have to scratch build your dream. Now the 917s, GT40 mk4s, Lolas, etc are available. Even better, there is the SLC, SL Nemesis, and SL Razor that are both award winning AND National Championship winning dream machines that are available for as little as $25k!

Fran, "you're going to need a bigger boa... building!"

I have to say I had quite a grin on my face watching that...

And so you should! Proud as well.

You're changing the face of the old 'kit car' term, you have your creation up on a nation wide (and let face it, internationally recognised as well) TV show, how many people can say that?

You know what I'm glad of? However many years you've been in the US, you're still a Limey with the right accent, here's to not loosing mine! :D

And so you should! Proud as well.

You're changing the face of the old 'kit car' term, you have your creation up on a nation wide (and let face it, internationally recognised as well) TV show, how many people can say that?

You know what I'm glad of? However many years you've been in the US, you're still a Limey with the right accent, here's to not loosing mine! :D

Ben,

Don't worry....you will retain your accent even in Texas! Fran mentions a "Trunk". Where is the "boot" and "hood"?

I think David is doing a pretty good job presenting the car and with the accuracy of facts, of course some detail is a little off but hey, not bad for "Hollywood" !

Very Interesting to see in high-def the evolution of the chassis detail. I see a number of things that would make it easier to manufacture over my chassis. Very cool. I also see some rear suspension link detail that I may want to add to my car.

Fran, if you are able to get Gearz to release the SL-C specific footage to you for marketing purposes, I'd love to by a DVD of the build! I'm sure many more of us would as well...

Usually, you may purchase DVD's of Stacey's Gearz programs directly from his website. About $30.00 for the full season programs. So, it appears that they will be made available at the seasons end. www.staceydavid.com

Back