SLC preview for Gearz TV Show.

I'm sure the rest of the drivetrain is not hard mounted. This my PFadt mounts, adapter plate and ricardo mounts

Hello Wayne,
I have not advanced as far in my build. Does the transaxle need to be supported by the rear cross brace, the reason I ask is because I was going to send all the steel componets out to be powdercoated while I wait for parts but this will stop me if theres some welding to be done to it as I am using a Ricardo transaxle as well.
Thanks,

All

Has the SL-C only been in three episodes so far (as of 4/21/12)?
Episode 3: intro
Episode 4: seats and pedals
Episode 5: building the engine (not an "SL-C episode," really)

I don't get Speed anymore, so I'm trying to keep track of the SL-C build via the Internet.

Thanks.

Eric

Thats all I've seen and I have speedvision and been waiting every monday night for a new one.
Cheers Ray

Anybody have any idea when the SL-C will make a return to the show? Fran? Stacey's site doesn't list future shows.

Eric

Geez, this show is the ultimate tease. Reminds me of a girl I dated in high school. He only gives a peek and never shows any details or enough information about what is going on to be useful. So far we have had only a couple of minutes to show several weeks of work and tonight was no better. No details and no (decent) pictures of the work. Very frustrating.

JD, it also reminds me of the same highschool girl. In fact, I named my first boat after her, the "Katiedidn't"

I wouldn't hold my breath guys. Gearz is a heavily sponsor driven show (if you hadn't noticed). Few main-line sponsors support the kit car industry, especially compared to the truck and muscle-car support industries and double especially for mid-engine exotics like the SLC.

I keep seeing the SLC in the background shots when Stacy is talking about or working on other vehicles, but not many of his main sponsors are going to pay for air time to showcase this car. :sad:

Now if Fran offerend a pick-up version "SLT" it might be a little different!

I too have been waiting on a professional builder to show us some of his tricks on finishing the car, but so far not much. I agree he is stuck by his sponsors, wish he would just get er done.

I wouldn't hold my breath guys. Gearz is a heavily sponsor driven show (if you hadn't noticed). Few main-line sponsors support the kit car industry, especially compared to the truck and muscle-car support industries and double especially for mid-engine exotics like the SLC.

I keep seeing the SLC in the background shots when Stacy is talking about or working on other vehicles, but not many of his main sponsors are going to pay for air time to showcase this car. :sad:

Now if Fran offerend a pick-up version "SLT" it might be a little different!

I hear what you are saying. Though, anytime I bring up the SL-C to a friend who has never heard of it, they know exactly what I am talking about whenever I mention the "supercar" on Gearz. Many people are watching that car being built and everyone is remembering it. The show is just becoming a little too commercial IMO.

Mr. Wolfe

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I have nothing but good things to say about Erik and GBox. They did a great job on my project! :thumbsup:

Agreed. I just got my box back from Eric (very fast turnaround) and am happy with what I've got. One more thing to check off on my "don't worry about this component" list.

Back