SLC radiator and fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
standard SLC rad and electric fans.
£10 plus posatge
reason for sale even with a mild 540bhp Ls engine and after all air bubbles were flushed out and the pipe work checked for installation it was found to overheat on stop start street use (even in the cool early spring)

The company here that has done my engine and also some work on the new hennesey exige thank the feedback from RCR that air must have been in the system......... they had forgot to check that :idea:

Craig Gillingham

sorry withdrawn from sale as the hot water inlet goes into the bottom and the cold water outlet comes out the bottom so its no good to man nor beast....!!!!!!!!!

no wonder it was overheating........... and we spent days bleeding the system tutttttttt!

loads more parts to come over the following weeks....

sorry withdrawn from sale as the hot water inlet goes into the bottom and the cold water outlet comes out the bottom so its no good to man nor beast....!!!!!!!!!

no wonder it was overheating........... and we spent days bleeding the system tutttttttt!

loads more parts to come over the following weeks....

Not sure that would be the only reason Craig as the GTD I normally drive and many others for that matter, have alloy rads with both feed and return at the bottom and they work fine.

The one in mind came from Docking at Silverstone (ask for Mel), great people, very good quality and kept 500+hp happy in Roy Smart's GTD40. Maybe they do something clever internally (can't think what really) but it clearly worked well.

Ron Earp

Admin

What?

The one on my RCR T70 "goes into the bottom and comes out of the bottom" - LOTS of radiators do, most radiators are setup like that in "GT40-like" cars. Anyhow, my car has over five hours of actual running hard track time on it and it cools very well.

If you wish to sell additional parts on the forum that is fine. But we don't need your commentary on your for sale posts. We on the forum are aware you're displeased with your RCR Superlight Coupe and there are subforums other than the "Garage Sale" subforum available to express yourself.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Didn't seem to be a problem for #1036
1036-wg2.jpg

or for #1049
1049e.jpg

or for any of them from what I've seen...

If you wish to sell additional parts on the forum that is fine. But we don't need your commentary on your for sale posts. We on the forum are aware you're displeased with your RCR Superlight Coupe and there are subforums other than the "Garage Sale" subforum available to express yourself.

If people have a problem with RCR, they should reach out to RCR directly.
If they really feel the need to post on a forum, then they should do so on the RCR Forum where it will not be a problem for others who really don't care..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
and we spent days bleeding the system tutttttttt!

Wait a second... Bleeding would be automatic if there's a fitting at the top of the radiator tank as is my RCR40 Radiator and the original GT40 radiators..
Check this out..

Attachments

• rad.JPG
    rad.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 273

Craig Gillingham

Facts:
This was done back in september last year

At standstill
My engine set up with standard SLC rad and fans ...the temp rised quickly..fans cut in by ECU......temp kept rising...... bled system and checked pipework (as recommended by RCR :) )

initially changed fans to bigger rated 2000cfm and although better the temp was struggling to hold down.
Changed rad to slightly bigger and with inlet at top outlet at bottom ..........touch wood seems to have done the trick

I would say "that maybe" for track use with minimal stationary time the cooling would be more effective - my car is a road car and just boiled

what we have done seems to have worked.....sorry!

ron..glad your set up works on the RCRT70...maybe i should have got one of those.... maybe this thread would be better moved to technical..? :thumbsup:

Craig Gillingham

Wait a second... Bleeding would be automatic if there's a fitting at the top of the radiator tank as is my RCR40 Radiator and the original GT40 radiators..
Check this out..

i meant bleeding the initial RCR bottom/bottom rad :shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back