SLC-Stealth Lambo Crusher

This is my second track day out with the SLC. After going off coarse at :45 seconds, every time I turn right I get this ticking sound. It is very evident at 2:07 and 2:15. When I shake the right side steering arm can I can hear some movement inside the main gold colored steering tube. The picture shows the steering box with a 14mm nut that looks like some kind of an adjustment knob. What does that adjust? What would cause that ticking sound? I am planning on racing again this weekend but I am a little concerned. Any thoughts? Sorry about creating the post "Ticking sound...". I meant to post it to my build log.

Here is the pic of steering box.

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 412
I'd lean toward pebbles/rocks jammed somewhere. I've seen where a rock is wedged near the backing plate and rotor...only makes a sound when you turn the wheel one direction and the wheel bearing slop (slight) allows contact.

That off didn't appear to be very violent - you didn't hit a curb, etc.

Cody F

Supporter
Nice driving Michael! Great to watch this thing go on the track. She rips! Glad you are finally able to track it like you wanted and work out the kinks. Hope you have been doing well since my visit earlier last year.

Neil

Supporter
Nice video, Michael. Looks like fun! The traffic on Interstate 10 looks to be a bit distracting since it is so close. How does one arrange for a test session at Wild Horse Pass (formerly Firebird) ?

Hi Neil. I am in full panic mode while driving so I don't see anything but the immediate track and traffic in front of me. I am still learning to glance at my gauges during the straights. My instructor would yell at me almost every lap because looking at the gauges requires to break driving concentration. I still hear his voice when I drive. I don't know if they have test sessions. I had to join Pro Auto Sports and get licensed to be allowed to drive on the track. They have about 7 different tracks in their circuit so it's way worth the money.

My "top speed run" post was supposed to be attached to my main post so I am bumping me up front so people know my parameters. I there a way to merge to two? I'm still hoping to find some setup help for a top speed run.

Well I have 900 miles and 3 track days on my SLC and finally had my first failure. Yesterday as I was walking out to my car to go home I noticed my brake lights had been stuck on all day. It dragged my battery voltage down so low I couldn't even jump start it. Has anyone had this problem? I assume it is the "Brake light pressure switch." If so, does anyone have a replacement part #? Will this work?https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...Tdspe0WCtgz3vQjDXgQIuEA2O4rcdKmYaAtwzEALw_wcB

Steven Lobel

Supporter
Well I have 900 miles and 3 track days on my SLC and finally had my first failure. Yesterday as I was walking out to my car to go home I noticed my brake lights had been stuck on all day. It dragged my battery voltage down so low I couldn't even jump start it. Has anyone had this problem? I assume it is the "Brake light pressure switch." If so, does anyone have a replacement part #? Will this work?https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...Tdspe0WCtgz3vQjDXgQIuEA2O4rcdKmYaAtwzEALw_wcB

Weird. I have the Painless Performance one (I think), should not be prone to failure.

Well I have 900 miles and 3 track days on my SLC and finally had my first failure. Yesterday as I was walking out to my car to go home I noticed my brake lights had been stuck on all day. It dragged my battery voltage down so low I couldn't even jump start it. Has anyone had this problem? I assume it is the "Brake light pressure switch." If so, does anyone have a replacement part #?

Mine went out, like most everyone else's, not long ago. This is what was recommended I replace it with it, no issues.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I had two “go” on the GT40, first one sprung a leak and the fluid exited through the the electrics side

The second stopped working.

I went purely mechanical, on my pedal box I mounted a micro switch which, as soon as the pedal was pressed made the circuit, but could just of easily had it so it pulled the switch on via a spring, (mounting the firet one was easier so I went that route)

Or

Also saves having to seal and rebelled the brakes

Ian

Back