Some statistics - we're doing pretty good!!!!!!

Ron Earp

Admin
Some statistics - we\'re doing pretty good!!!!!!

Board Statistics
Version: 6.5b4
Total members: 1552
New in past 24 hours: 1
New in past 7 days: 8
New in past month: 41
Total forums: 27
Total topics: 4870
Total posts: 40756

And, Max users online was 151 @ Wed Jul 07 2004 01:50 PM. Not bad! Shows that while we don't have 25000 members like some boards, we've got a lot of repeat customers and a very active community.

New members have been increasing by 2-3 each month, so, 40, 42,45, etc. meaning we're seeing an increase in folks interested in what we've got going on.

Now, any suggestions for new forums or deletions of old ones? There are a couple that are sucking wind I'm thinking of rolling into other forums, The GT40 Library could be rolled up as the posts would remain in their respective categories and still be "searchable". Could probably also roll Ebay Marketplace into each category too. Suggestions? New forums? Get'em while I'm willing!!

Re: Some statistics - we\'re doing pretty good!!!!!!

Yeah ron - im guessing that with Fords arrival of the 'GT' it will create a lot of interest in the gt40......hence more members! just a thought.......what do you think?
(also more people will of course found the site who couldnt give a monkeys uncle about the GT)

[ QUOTE ]
Max users online was 151 @ Wed Jul 07 2004 01:50 PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron - it's going up - Max users online was 218 @ Wed Jul 28 2004 01:09 PM ...

I think the Ebay Marketplace works OK - ebayers/non-ebayers can take it or leave it.

How about a forum for Lola T70 originals/replicas? There seems to be a real crossover of interest - although I appreciate that this section would never set the world on fire.

Finally, as a sucker for the history of these things, I like the idea of charting the movement of the original cars. Ronnie Spain's book was published in 1986 and has not updated since then. How about an online update by chassis number, which members of the forum can contribute to when they hear of cars for sale/changing hands/changing colour or spec, found in barns (I wish...)? A sort of shot at a definitive directory of the original cars? As I'm the mug who suggested it, I'd be happy taking this on - but I would need input - not sure how it would work although how about a table/spreadsheet format including fields such as chassis #, owner, location, engine, colour, etc. Ownership details are a tricky one because of data protection laws in the UK, but the location is a starting point. There would be blanks, it would never be totally up to date because life's not like that - and if it doesn't work then at least we tried. Any thoughts out there?

Cheers.

Rob

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, as a sucker for the history of these things, I like the idea of charting the movement of the original cars. Ronnie Spain's book was published in 1986 and has not updated since then. How about an online update by chassis number [...]?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Legate book has an updated list and the Shelby American Automobile Club came out with the second edition of their register of all Shelby cars (Mustangs, Cobras, GT40s, ...) in 1997 and they're coming out with an expanded third edition for 2005 (they're including the new Ford GTs).

Having a complete and update record is good idea. It makes it harder (but not impossible) for someone to sell a fake car as a real one.

Back