Speaking of cable shifters....

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
I'm looking for the shifter and cable assy for the Ford GT. I realize I can spend the 2 grand at the dealer but I'm hoping to save a few bucks with a used setup. Has anybody seen any of these for sale out there? Thanks

Pete

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,

Do a search on Brandwood. www.cableshift.com They make assemblies. You could pirate a Toyota gear shift and fab up some Morse cables as I did. If you are using the 016 box Steve has a real slick transmission end design.

Last edited:

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the info Neal. I'm using the Ricardo box and would like to use the factory setup for ease of install as suggested by others on this forum. But if I can't find this assy then i will have cables made as you suggest.

the Ford GT has its own users website, can't recall the name of it - try searching for it/on it. Anyway, some of the GT owners have installed short shifters, and may have used parts for sale. I talked with one guy about buying a used shifter a few years ago, before I decided to design my own and have it machined for me.

Tom

Thanks for the info Neal. I'm using the Ricardo box and would like to use the factory setup for ease of install as suggested by others on this forum. But if I can't find this assy then i will have cables made as you suggest.

I am also using a Ricardo and I designed my own using some parts from a Porsche B&M short shifter kit. here is a link to Ford racing web site for the Gt short shifter kit. cables will be standard push pull cables made by midwest controlshttp://www.midwestcontrol.com/ Ford Racing Performance Parts [M-7210-GT]

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Lynn, Neal and Tom.

Sometimes I wonder why I make things so hard on myself.

Pete

Back