SPF continuation car?

I once asked and was told...but forgot.

I am going to guess $5K each for the 21XX and up cars and $10K each for the 20XX cars.

Mike

I asked this question of Ron Rosen the owner (at the time) of Dynamic Motorsports when I ordered my car in 2005. He told the deal was $2500 per car license fee. He told me that he was the one that negotiated the deal between Safir and Hi-Tech. This does not apply to the 20XX cars which were (at the time) an extra $15K.

I think the other cars were delayed longer though... I know LOT of people waited a LONG time for the ZF's...

Kirby

I'll say. My car sat there for nearly a year waiting for the drive train. After a while I got so frustrated I had to fly out there just to sit in it and make "vroom vroom" noises.

As I mentioned in my very 1st posting 2 weeks ago I bought #2107 which had been (Dennis) Reed Performance Motorsports demonstrator down in TX & LA. The MSO (Manu Stmt or Origin) states "Superformance LLC further certifies that this was the first transfer of such new GT40 series component vehicle in ordinary trade and commerce". That kind of makes it sound that this was the 1st one out there?.:stunned: Further it is dated Feb 6th 2006 on "invoice 285". As was correctly described by Richard earlier in this thread the VIN tag does in-fact show GT40P2107. Besides having the VIN on the firewall it has a 2nd laser etched tag epoxied to the frame that has the VIN# only w/ no silk screened Superformance info w/it. It had never been licensed before I bought it w/ 1692 miles on it. I also have the SPFGT propaganda in the white rocker stripes exactly as described. I hope to find GT or GT 40 stripes for it if they are available out there somewhere. I will try to include a couple of photographs of the vin tag and secondary epoxied job as time allows.

Last edited:
I'll say. My car sat there for nearly a year waiting for the drive train. After a while I got so frustrated I had to fly out there just to sit in it and make "vroom vroom" noises.

As funny as that sounds, I've seen someone do exactly the same thing with the vroom vroom noises and on a number of occasions.

Cam
Auckland, NZ

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
The MSO (Manu Stmt or Origin) states "Superformance LLC further certifies that this was the first transfer of such new GT40 series component vehicle in ordinary trade and commerce". That kind of makes it sound that this was the 1st one out there.

That statement means that the chassis was transferred to an OWNER for the first time, not that it is the "first SPF GT40". Standard on the back of any MSO/MCO.

Salina Bailey

Supporter
if SPF vins start at 2100, anyone know where the first cars are? Its late and I should go to bed, but anyway, SPF started them back up and the first one would be 2101? we have 2107. who has 1 through 6?

the dealers got the first batch of cars built I was told. you bought one of the dealer car I think. The second batch of 10 or so were cars ordered by folks (like me - 2120).

I am guessing Lance got one of the first - but he wrecked his.

SPF HQ should know who the first owners were....

Maybe the Shelby Registry has that info?

Salina Bailey

Supporter
the dealers got the first batch of cars built I was told. you bought one of the dealer car I think. The second batch of 10 or so were cars ordered by folks (like me - 2120).

I am guessing Lance got one of the first - but he wrecked his.

SPF HQ should know who the first owners were....

Maybe the Shelby Registry has that info?

gotta buy that soon...and there is a video on you tube with Lance and his car doing a film shoot in a neighborhood, he then lights em up and the home owners watching all cheer lol.

Back