Supercars, Car and Driver, Results - When one of you guys taking a GT40?

Ron Earp

Admin
Well,

overheating problems can be fixed. Ugliness, well, not much you can do there....
smile.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
OK, I realize this isn't strictly on the topic but...
Ferraris are starting to race in GT events. A single-car team (Ferrari of Washington) did fairly well in the last Daytona 24 hr race. There are indications that there is interest in racing the 360 in more endurance events, plus there are efforts beginning with the Maranello in endurance racing.
It's all very well to bash Ferraris, but you have to admire someone who is willing to try to race these cars on a private basis, whether against each other or against everyone else- they know going in that parts are very expensive even by race car standards, that currently there is no factory support, and that because of the name they are more conspicuous than any other marque. Has the average man on the street ever heard of a Panoz? Hardly. Is there any hamlet so isolated it contains no one that has ever heard of Ferrari? No way.
There are probably as many types of Ferrari owners as there are Ferraris, pretty much like any make. I take my hat off to anyone who is willing to invest the time and effort to go motor racing- there are hardly any more expensive sports. I love GT40s for the way they look and drive, not because they once beat Ferraris or any one else. And imagine how dull the world would be if there weren't all these marques to watch competing with each other. I think not only has Ferrari won more races than any other make, they, along with a few other marques, have done more to advance motor racing than anyone else. Even if Enzo did have a bad temper and keep everyone waiting three hours to see him....
shocked.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron Earp:
Well,

overheating problems can be fixed. Ugliness, well, not much you can do there....
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you can always put a bag over it...........,but then it would overheat too!

Back