Deleted

Curious what the red Triangles are on the wiring diagrams? each one has a letter in the middle of it but I see no reference to them anywhere? thanks

Is it me or does the pedal box have no bearings. It would be nice to know the manufacturer and part# for the spherical bearings ( upper A arm , lower A arm , rear wish bone ) .

I have a question. I have read a lot of wire diagrams, but have never seen the wire specification below. I know the BK is the color of the wire used, what is the .75, 8.0, 15 number indicate? I tied other threads on this site and internet search.

IMG_1515.jpeg

Generic Wiring Diagram.
BK is BLACK
.75 is metric wire gage same way as shown on my SPF GT40 Wiring Diagram's for MKI and MKII

Owners manual is the original issue…. New and updated version will be done soon.

Note the dates on all that posted info.

Blas

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on the SUPERFORMANCE GT40 manual. Just turned 150 pages!
Last call for any contributions or suggestions on content. Thanks to all who have contributed so far with suggestions, etc. it should be ready before GT40 reunion pending SPF review and approval process. Pricing and availability yet to be determined, format will be electronic and manuals are personalized to each individual chassis number. Owners can supply photos, etc. for their unique version of their manual. Manual package will be available with or without the MKI or MKII Wiring Diagram for those who already have my diagrams.

S

SPFHMC

What should be easy to find, but seems rare as hens teeth… Superformance GT40 owners manual, wiring diagram, and parts manual. For those of us who are not big brain engineers, or running our own vintage race teams this kind of info is gold so I'd like to share it. Apologies if it's everywhere and I just couldn't find it.

SUPERFORMANCE LLC nor SAFIR GT40 approved these files to be shared with the internet. Please removed this post.

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on the SUPERFORMANCE GT40 manual. Just turned 150 pages!
Last call for any contributions or suggestions on content. Thanks to all who have contributed so far with suggestions, etc. it should be ready before GT40 reunion pending SPF review and approval process. Pricing and availability yet to be determined, format will be electronic and manuals are personalized to each individual chassis number. Owners can supply photos, etc. for their unique version of their manual. Manual package will be available with or without the MKI or MKII Wiring Diagram for those who already have my diagrams.
Hi Blas, question for you concerning the price of this newly updated Owner's Manual. For owners who have actually purchased a SPF GT40, will there be a charge for this manual? IMHO, if you purchase a GT40, there should be no charge for owners that opt for a non-personalized version. If an owner wants a personalized copy (possibly me ), then of course there should be a charge. Either way, I appreciate the hard work that went into the updated version! Dave.

Last edited:
Hello Dave,
Interesting question you ask. Pricing has not been set as of yet so I can be of no help on that issue right now.
Regarding non-personalized versions or just plain freebies… that was never my intention to offer. But I do plan to offer a discounted price if you purchase the manual and wiring diagram at same time. And most likely, if you already purchased a wiring diagram from me, a discount of some sort.
The cost of the electronic memory card, packaging, postage, copywriting, phone calls, printing…..etc. not to mention my time and effort to make the Owners Manual I would hope it to be of some value to everyone. I have solicited input from owners, and received many suggestions. Most have asked for the same type of info. Remember, this will be an Owner’s Manual not a shop manual, but it will contain a lot of technical information. It will not give you a step by step procedure to install any of the multiple engines and transaxle’s available, or install an ignition or fuel injection system. Nor will it detail the specialized installation tricks developed by Dennis Olthoff, etc.
That’s their livelihood.
With all the Wiring Diagrams and owners manuals I have done, I’ve had only one complaint to date, and that owner also had suggestions for God on creation…. Many have said I charge too little for my work. Someone said for the cost of a good bottle of wine which is gone in an hour, you get a manual that lasts forever…. and you even get updates as they happen from factory.
Feel free to contact me off line and I’ll give you a preview… I’ll be a reunion and a printed copy or two will be by Rick Mucks trailer for inspection.
btw:
Anyone have a GT I could borrow for a couple weeks?

Hahaha, don't get me wrong, I'm sure your manual will be worth what you will charge. I have not received my roller yet so I don't know what documents SPF will include. I also saw in your original post that prices have not been set yet, I simply hoped that you were somehow attached to SPF and as such, would provide manuals to those who have gone to the expense of purchasing the roller. IMHO, that's the least that SPF should do. Capeesh?

Ha ha, no offense taken. I can’t speak for what Superformance will do on new deliveries. On cars already delivered I would doubt they would supply a manual for free. Same goes for my diagrams.

Ha ha, no offense taken. I can’t speak for what Superformance will do on new deliveries. On cars already delivered I would doubt they would supply a manual for free. Same goes for my diagrams.
Will be interested when a personalized manual w/photos is released. Woot Woot!

Back