Superlite GTA

I'm not sure if I am right about this so the DSM guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they prone to crank walk from startup with the clutch pushed in? On my 98 Mitsubishi 3000GT vr4 after I did the big single turbo and race heads the shop that tuned it pulled the fuse to allow the car to start without the clutch pressed in. Obviously without the car in gear... Just overall easier on the starter, flywheel, and clutch. Will doing the same prevent the crank walk on the DSM setups?

It has nothing to do with start up, or even with the clutch (automatics crankwalk too). I have heard about of dozen of "fixes for crankwalk" (from all sort of sources) and every one has been proven to not work... But then, some 7 bolts do not crankwalk...

Easier to just stay away from them...

The only issue is the use of 1G cam angle sensor with 2G engine harness and ECU (the later is a non-issue with DSM Link). But wiring in a new sensor pigtail is trivial companies to building a kit car ;)

STM: AEM ECU PATCH/EXTENSION HARNESS
aem_patch_harness_evo_3000gt_dsm_wrx_sti.jpg

the solution to all (i really mean some [in this case at least] lol) ecu problems. from this we can also build a 6 or 4 feet extension also to be able to retain stock location for the ecu. btw its about 150 bucks.

guys just so you know the evo 10 came with a dual clutch f1 style transmission with two input shafts and eccentric output, or viceversa not sure right now. but yeah, true automated manual ( ((paddle shifter)) ) transmission on a 300hp [stock trim] transverse 4cyl drivetrain.

guys just so you know the evo 10 came with a dual clutch f1 style transmission with two input shafts and eccentric output, or viceversa not sure right now. but yeah, true automated manual ( ((paddle shifter)) ) transmission on a 300hp [stock trim] transverse 4cyl drivetrain.

Yes, but... It is important to point out that this isn't a 4G63... So you are now talking about completely different engine swap.

yes i forgot to point that out it isnt a 4g63 anymore its an all aluminum motor now instead of cast iron block.
very pricey too..
but the transmission is pretty cool and can be had for about 3000-4000+

Last edited:
what do you think about that trans leon? using an adapter plate rcr seems to be able to get them done along with flywheels fairly easy. in this case adapter flexplate?? i wonder if the addition of the adapter plate will make it too wide, thats if the oem frame rails are kept or frame lines i guess, no clue how any of that area is going to look.

I don't think it would be a problem since the LS4 fits in it, and most adaptor plates are only 1/2 an inch or around there so you aren't going to be that much wider.

ha, something to consider for anyone wanting that kind of trans. i'm sure the steering column wouldnt be too hard to adapt as well.

can you imagine if mitsu decides to build an mr2 like turbo car with the evo x drivetrain in 2wd mode with a footprint equivalent to a corvette using all aluminum suspension components like the evo.

I think that that this is already enough of a project to start coming-up with major sub-projects. If you are doing to dream, do it big: GTR engine/transmission ;)

Just wanted to add another common tuning device is using ecuflash along with rewiring (10 or so plus wires) to work with a Evo 8/9 ECU, specific 2g eclipse turbo Black ECU's or 4cyl/Manual 3g Eclipse ECU's.

I ' haven't had any issues with the 1g (black top) cam sensor on a 2g using ecuflash.

I wouldn't call it "common"... But some people do run reflashable ECU.

Just like some EVO8/9 owners run 95 DSM ECU and DSM Link... Because it is so easy to use!

I don't know how common it is to swap ECUs from an Evo 8 or 9, but ECUflash is extremely popular for tuning the Evo 8 & 9. I've been using it for years. Thanks to a popular "hack" (google Tephra Mod), there are some great features on the stock ECU: no lift shifting, launch maps, alternate map switching, valet mode, etc.

Of course it is popular in the EVO world, they can't (easily) use DSM link ;). But some do use the patch harness to adapt it. Link is just as powerful, but MUCH easier to use!

#1 reason people use flashable ECUs in DSMs is because of cost, it is slightly cheaper, but IMO, it is not worth the hassle.
#2 reason: they are already used to Flash process idiosyncrasies.

Just wanted to add another common tuning device is using ecuflash along with rewiring (10 or so plus wires) to work with a Evo 8/9 ECU, specific 2g eclipse turbo Black ECU's or 4cyl/Manual 3g Eclipse ECU's.

I ' haven't had any issues with the 1g (black top) cam sensor on a 2g using ecuflash.

My favorite way to go

Back