Superlite GTA

Got it...that makes sense. The 930 seemed to be priced between the G50/52's and the G50/02,03,04 or thereabouts when I was looking.

You've been fairly neutral on these other then to say they are viable choices...If you weren't going to spend the money on the more rare 50-50/52 which would you put in your LSx car? with or without LSD?

Thanks again for all the info!! Porsche stuff is all new to me.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Street car with no track use at all , No LSD and if I was budget conscious I would use a G96/01 with less than 450hp.

Reason being they have the later side shift and a much better shift quality than the G50 series boxes of a similar price.

As is anything in these decisions, there are always trade offs. I think I would rather spend the 9500 on the right and final transmission than the ls3 to start with. e.g. I have a L33 sitting in the garage and with cam can get that to 400hp pretty easily and I won't have more than 1200 in that motor. down the road I can turbo it if I want or swap over to an ls3.

I'll definitely have more in the trans then engine also. I'll say $2200 for the cost of my pullout LS1 plus aftermarket Head/Cam $2200 plus 80lb injectors for E85 puts me at $5k and 450hp. Meh... plus $1800 if you include standalone ECU minus what I get for my ECU and harness. I think $7500 should get me something good without an LSD which could be added later.

Fran I agree,

I have a LS3 with about 450hp and no LSD. In second gear, sometimes it will break loose under full acceleration, but both rear wheels break loose at the same time. It can get a little exiting, but LSD wouldn't help.

I have a G50-20 6 speed with a rear gear change shaft. I've shifted another SLC with a side shift transaxle and it does indeed have a better feel.

Street car with no track use at all , No LSD and if I was budget conscious I would use a G96/01 with less than 450hp.

Reason being they have the later side shift and a much better shift quality than the G50 series boxes of a similar price.

I've looked at various transaxles for a while. I have a G96/01 and paid $2k for it. The norm appears to be between $2k to $3k. That's without LSD. Right after that purchase, I found a G50/52 with LSD only 10k miles for $7800. I couldn't pass it up. Most I've seen are above $10k.

I looked at many 930 4 speed transaxles. The average for a decent one, without LSD is $6500 to $7500.

Its good we have options. Its also bad we have options. Scope creep sets in very easily.

From all the posts in all the threads I've ever read, the trany topic has to be number 1 or number 2.

Did get the body and tube framing. Just haven't had time to post any pics.

Everything looks great. The rear is one piece which is nice.

Started positioning the rear frame into the donor. I was conservative in my initial cutting of the body which is good. I have placed the frame in and out of the rear about 10 times to make sure everything is lining up and trimming the donor just right.

i know everyone is anxious about seeing pics.

Yeah, it's hard to live vicariously without visuals! :cry:

Yep, plus I'll have to let everyone see how messy the barn is :)

I have attached some pre-shipping pics

Attachments

• DSCF4148 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF4148 [640x480].JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 788
  • DSCF4150 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF4150 [640x480].JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 647
  • DSCF4156 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF4156 [640x480].JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 606
Awesome....looks great. Can't wait to see your progress. Did any other tidbits ship with it?? Would like an idea of the complete kit...I'm sure you were planning on doing so sorry if I'm rushing.

Fran,
So the kit isn't necessarily come gel coated like the SLC (not necessarily a bad thing)? Is that because you do some work on it first?

Do all the tube frame's come painted? basicly wondering if this is you're typical kit or addon's besides the additional roll cage.

Still love it...Thanks!!!

Sorry i wasnt clear... I can see that it's gel-coated during molding but I was more referring to the finish not being similar to the SLC. I wasnt sure if it's because they join some of the body panels themselves or just since you have to do body work to skin the roof it doesn't really matter if it's finished or not. Was just curious it doesnt matter either way. I definitely think it's better this way. wasn't expecting it to be one or two pieces. I can see how it should come together nicely.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I am amazed at how much of the body there is...expected the "tub", for lack of a better word, to be that section of the Eclipse and then just a front and rear section to bond to it...but, of course, that may be EXACTLY what I'm looking at. I just wasn't expecting the top of the cabin to be part of the RCR product.

The tube frame looks VERY well done, not that I'd ever expect anything else from RCR!

Cheers!

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I think we need a Super Lite GTA Picture thread - from concept to reality & beyond....

What do you guys think?

looking great, If you need an extra set of hands for anything let me know, I'm in Houston and will trade my time for getting an eyeful of the Apex.

Cheers

Back