Superlite Logo

Ian

Supporter
Hey all,
I am planning on making a few custom shirts and a shop banner/flag for my upcoming build and thought I would ask before stepping on anyone’s feet.
Do I need permission from Superlite or whoever owns the IP, I assume that’s Fran, to use the logo and related material for non commercial use? I don’t plan on selling anything, just want some shirts specific to my garage and build.

Let me know y’all!
Ian

Ben Hedrick

Supporter
Hey all,
I am planning on making a few custom shirts and a shop banner/flag for my upcoming build and thought I would ask before stepping on anyone’s feet.
Do I need permission from Superlite or whoever owns the IP, I assume that’s Fran, to use the logo and related material for non commercial use? I don’t plan on selling anything, just want some shirts specific to my garage and build.

Let me know y’all!
Ian

I think I'd recommend call Fran and asking him directly. I'd expect yes, you need permission for this effort.

Ben

Ian

Supporter
Ben,
Completely agree, I emailed Fran yesterday morning. I try not to call them with every little question as they are very busy and I don’t want to slow them down.

I’ll wait a week and give him a call. Just thought I would try here in case there was a quick answer.

thank you!

Ben Hedrick

Supporter
Ben,
Completely agree, I emailed Fran yesterday morning. I try not to call them with every little question as they are very busy and I don’t want to slow them down.

I’ll wait a week and give him a call. Just thought I would try here in case there was a quick answer.

thank you!

All good. Good plan.

Cheers! Ben

You had better ask Will.. I believe he owns the IP for the logos. At least that's what he chimed at me weeks ago on the Facebook page when I printed up some shirts. Lol. I wasn't using any SL-C intellectual property...

Ian

Supporter
That’s interesting.
I am unfamiliar with who Will is. Is there maybe a thread that discusses his ip?

Ian

Supporter
Spoke with Fran and he gave me the thumbs up.

I messaged Will but received no reply. I am going to assume that with Frans blessing I am in the clear.

Hi Ian, I did reply to your message, but I don't think you got it. In any case, if it's for private, non-commercial use, I don't have an issue either! Good luck with your build!

Ian

Supporter
Hi Ian, I did reply to your message, but I don't think you got it. In any case, if it's for private, non-commercial use, I don't have an issue either! Good luck with your build!

Thank you so much Will!

you are correct, I missed that, my mistake.
Thank you for the well wishes, I am in the final moments before delivery (#2 or 3 in the cue) and its hard to sit still! lol

Ian

Supporter
Just a little work in progress...

image_123986672.JPG

Back