Tan/orange ignition wires?

No surprise the original tan/orange spark plug autolite made is waaaay costly. But is there a source for a good color but lacking the details that make the real thing $$$$$?
Thanks all
Larry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 709
summit makes a retro 7mm orange spark plug wire which looks good, actually gonna buy it and see how it looks with the ford y- block rubber insulator spark plug wire holders

The plastic spacers are just standard plastic spacers from spectre that can be sprayed with an ivory or tan spray paint to replicate the color of weathered white plastic spacers

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
I had twelve of those things delivered this week and the shipping and customs was twice the cost of the parts !!
Thread swerve coming -
The distributor in the OP's first photo could possibly be a new sand cast copy of an original as the "XF" serial number is usually in relief on the casting and not Dymo taped on - nice work if it is a copy IMO.
Does anyone know the source of these as we need another couple ?.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Steve,

If you are looking for the block separator, look for the one with one rounded end and one square, like in the photo of restoration parts I have attached. It also needs the cross drilled bolt. Can't find the chromed holder atm. Too many boxes to go through..
P1020469.JPG
P1020470.JPG

Last edited:
No just the white plastic plastic wire separators, I bought the black ones and these fit the same profile but obviously even painting them the color is off

As did the MK IIs. I have supplied these in the past to a certain builder of MK IIs located in the USA.

Hello,
Do you have the these black rubber/metal spark plug wire holders or do you know what car they came out of?

Attachments

• DCC80CFD-F089-417D-A72C-3FC6C8995A29.jpeg
    DCC80CFD-F089-417D-A72C-3FC6C8995A29.jpeg
    905.9 KB · Views: 175
Possibly the same vendor, asking $4,000 (OBO) for a kit of spark plug wires.

Back