Tavarish finally got his SL-C project

Huh, I actually just saw that video, and I'm not even remotely into people who are famous because of youtube and realy have nothing to offer except their fame.

But I was kinda curious about this shop that bought beat-up movie cars...I mean, I would be kinda interested if they still had the shells intact, none of these were, some of them were real disasters. Hunks of lumber and bungee cords or whatever for door hinges and the like. Good he got the full LS engine, but who knows what shape it's in after having sat for so long.

Huh, I actually just saw that video, and I'm not even remotely into people who are famous because of youtube and realy have nothing to offer except their fame.

I agree.... and one that finishes past projects. I am glad he actually turns a wrench, but he's cringe for me to watch. Most annoying is people like DDE who always brag about "their builds", but not sure they could identify a socket set.

Yup.

He pops into my youtube feed now and again. I suspect he bought this one quite a while back, and realized it was going to be alot of work to build the franken car he wanted, and got rid of it. I also don't think his audience is too interested in a full fabrication build, he seems to get most of his views from rebuilding wreaked hyper cars with questionable economics. The problem with that treadmill is you have to go bigger each build, and a SLC build is just too technical and the wrong direction for his audience. Read that to mean, his builds only make sense if he get clicks, which I have no problem with, and I don't think a SLC build would break even. But we all know that, these things are bigger money pits than boats. I kind of look at him, and alot of the youtube "rebuild" guys like the house flippers on TV, know it for what it is....second generation reality TV.

I think he has also proven the point now...wreaked/abused SLC's probably aren't a great deal. Wait for an unfinished kit.

Well, too bad. Disregarding my opinion of him, I was hoping to see what would come of the frame. Yeah, he needs quick fixes that roll out the door to get clicks and that’s not gonna happen with a half-repurposed frame and no body to work with. I’ve only seen one show take on an SLC fully and that was Project Drivetrain. They didn’t get adventurous, and seeing as it’s a production show, really skipped over the details but made sure you knew what the show intro music and scene change riff was. Lots of talking, not much work.

Back