TFL/Oystercards, thieving bas

Tards.
For my job, I've been travelling from where I live in Upminster, Essex over to the Beeb at White City. It's a pretty tough journey on a bike (1 hour 15 mins each way through the centre of Londons traffic) but I've done it during the summer(?) and autumn months.
Now it's getting icy on the roads and the bike that I ride weighs 800lbs (yes really!) I thought I'd go via public transport.
I looked on the Oystercard website and discovered the ticket fare was £4 each way yet the oyster fare was £3.50 (£7.00 a day)
I looked at my Oyster account today to find the fuc**ers have been charging me £16 A DAY!!!!!!!
Angry doesn't come close to how I'm feeling. And of course if you go to the website, the only part NOT working, is the contact and queries section! GGGRRRRRRR!

Well I'd be well narked with that too!! - give em' hell when you do get hold of them, it can only be about 11 miles?

Also - 800lbs!! - tell me your kidding! or you have some seriously heavy baggage.

Paul,
Not kidding. BMW K1200LT the ULTIMATE tourer! Cruise control, radio CD player (with 4 speakers) reverse gear, central locking (I kid you not!) electrically adjustable screen, heated seats, ABS, traction control, power assisted brakes etc etc It really is the best bike in the world! Although a right royal PITA through london traffic!!!

Simon

Attachments

• k1200lt.jpg
    k1200lt.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 213
Seatbelts, airbags? :laugh:

It's only a matter of time.....

Seriously, I've had five of these over the past few years, I love em'. Did a European tour with my last one a couple of years ago. Not only is it a fantastic cruising machine (you can still hear the stereo at 110 mph) you'd be amazed how well it handles in the twisties.

When I lived in London, my Oyster card was routinely overcharged, particularly when I would take the Jubilee line from St. John's Wood to Bond street and then the Central to Hanger Lane (Park Royale Guinness Brewery before we demolished it). Keep a close eye on the buggers and take them to task. They were always quick to refund making me think they knew what was going on!

Ron Earp

Admin
Paul,
Not kidding. BMW K1200LT the ULTIMATE tourer! Cruise control, radio CD player (with 4 speakers) reverse gear, central locking (I kid you not!) electrically adjustable screen, heated seats, ABS, traction control, power assisted brakes etc etc It really is the best bike in the world! Although a right royal PITA through london traffic!!!
Simon

Dang, with all of that you might as well drive a car....;)

Simon, nice bike ;)
I rode a wing earlier this year and am hooked. My mates think I'm mad but it was great fun, and just presents a different challenge.
I choose to commute on an R1 ;)

Back