The Art of Racing In the Rain - Garth Stein

I ordered the book from Barns & Noble. I am a little back logged on my reading, but it sounds like a good read for sure. Randy, thanks for the heads up.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
UPDATE:
The movie is in the final stages of completion and will be out in August!
Very excited to see this wonderful work coming to the big-screen!

Neil

Supporter
Yes, he is. I have lunch with John and a few other friends on Thursdays. I have the utmost respect for John.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Yes, he is. I have lunch with John and a few other friends on Thursdays. I have the utmost respect for John.
Very good!

Hopefully he is not upset about the title of Garth Stein’s book...
it really is a great read - it is also available as an audio book and is perfect for listening to while working in the shop...

The movie is in the final stages of completion and will be out in August!
Very excited to see this wonderful work coming to the big-screen!
[/QUOTE]

Been waiting awhile for this, read the book years ago and couldn’t put it down.
Don’t read much, but this was worth it.

Clayton

Steve

Supporter
My wife put me on to the book. She's an avid reader (seems to go through 2 novels a week) and could care less about cars or racing. She read this about 6 years ago and loved it. Will definitely be in the theater for this one.

Dan Kasten

Supporter
I got a copy of this book last week on the advice of you guys. I am about half way through it but I have to say the first chapter was a rough one for me. I had a Lab Terrier mix for 17 years and it was tough on me when he passed ( in my lap), ironically my dog now is a Lab named Zoe. Moving forward from chapter one however I have been really enjoying it and some of it is really funny, hope to finish it up this weekend. Thank you for bringing this book to my attention.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Just saw it. I highly recommend it, wonderfully directed, great casting, and the car stuff is very well done even thought the story isn't really about racing. Go see it with the wife, she will like it as will you. Oh and the dog rocks!!!!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Just saw it. I highly recommend it, wonderfully directed, great casting, and the car stuff is very well done even thought the story isn't really about racing. Go see it with the wife, she will like it as will you. Oh and the dog rocks!!!!
I saw it too and your write up is accurate. Wife love it too

Ian

Back