THE BEAST IS ALIVE!!!

The just completed 306 was fired up today for the first time! True sounds of spring! cb

The engine is actually installed in a a Toronado (UK) chassis with Renault gearbox. We have the complete car ready for final assembly with all the parts. The project started one year ago when I bought the partially completed car. We have ordered many of the remaining parts from Andy Shelton of Tornado UK and US sources.

The car is actually in 'go-kart" form and Sunday was to be the first day to move under it's own power, but had a few drive train glitches to correct. Will be reday to roll onit's own soon, weather permitting.

We were shooting for a March one finish. We will just keep plugging away. Hope for a summer completition.

I have one picture I can email someone if they can post it here. cb

Here is Chip's Toy
fc722c72.jpg.orig.jpg

UPDATE: The car drove ONE MILE under it's own power! Lots of power even BEFORE we have put on the Alum heads. Been breaking in the cam. Getting closer! cb

Howard Jones

Supporter
Cool! Glad to see it moving! I took my nine year old daughter Gabby for a short doorless drive aroung the block yesterday to check out gear selection. She kept saying something but I couldn't hear her. Then she just put her hand over her eyes and smiled ear to ear. When we got back into the garage and turned it off she wanted to know if this was going to be her car someday! Hmmmmmm

Back