The New GT40 Mk11 Project and Ken MacLeod

Jackie's letter - page two

POSTING PICS AND I HAVE SUDDENLY BECOME BETTER FRIENDS!

Attachments

• 29470-Untitled-2.jpg
    29470-Untitled-2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 398
Jackie Stewart during a tyre testing session and seen here with Ken Tyrrell (with tatty straw hat) and Francis Tucker boss man of the Kyalami circuit.

Attachments

• 29471-Untitled-3.jpg
    29471-Untitled-3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 404
I Lie, not such good friends! Wrong button!

The prize givings for the SA Grands Prix and the Nine Hours were always held at the home of Francis and Joan Tucker. That was Jackie Ickx walking across the lawn to collect his trophy for his second place in the above mentioned 1971 Nine Hour.

Here goes again with the tyre testing pic.

Attachments

• 29472-Untitled-6.jpg
    29472-Untitled-6.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 396
Another pic from a prize giving at the Tuckers.

From left to right - Jochen Mass, Jody Scheckter, unknown, Jackie Stewart and Francis Tucker

Attachments

• 29473-Untitled-5.jpg
    29473-Untitled-5.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 387
Peter Revson seen here in a McLaren in the 1972 South African Grand Prix. He finished in third place.

This morning Ken gave me an interesting snippet. Apparently some of Peter's family members who were heading up the Revlon empire were none too happy that he should be driving a car sponsored by Yardley. COSMETIC WARS! Are these things scent to try us? HeHe.

Attachments

• 29474-Untitled-4.jpg
    29474-Untitled-4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 384
Thanks for the posts Andre.

I too have a personal letter from Jackie Stewart on the same style of headed paper although with Jaguar Racing's address in Milton Keynes.

I got the letter of thanks following my writing to him with my congratulations on his knighthood. I have amassed a substantial collection of Stewart memorabilia including numerous signed photos and a autographed full size replica helmet which he signed at the 1997 Monaco GP. The one where Barrichello came second.

Back