This might be funny if............

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Jay Leno did, and Bill O'Reilly still does (Google 'em) a regular 'man-in-the-street' interview segment wherein they randomly interview(ed) about 10-12(?) people and asked 'em the same type of questions asked in the above tape. Time after time after time the answers given mirrored the 'brilliance level' reflected in tape above. :sad:

Both guys have repeatedly said their crews don't/didn't go out and HUNT for the biggest dullards they could find and didn't stop 'til they found enough of 'em to fill that week's segment. They just randomly walked up to, and talked with, people who agreed to talk to THEM.

I've gotten the impression over the years that, if any "cherry picking" did/does go on, it just involves "picking" the funniest of the dumb responses.

Last edited:

Keith

I am sorry to hear that Larry...:thumbsdown:

Perhaps I'm just an eternal optimist..There doesn't seem to be many of us left..

Not really understanding the American further education system fully, are those colleges featured on a par with say, with our Universities? If so, I would be extremely shocked if you got the same responses here, but I wouldn't bet the farm against the prospect.

But the fact that they can seemingly answer any question about the Kardashians and that ilk with a lightning fast response is cause for hope, yes?:shifty: :knife:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
But the fact that they can seemingly answer any question about the Kardashians and that ilk with a lightning fast response is cause for hope, yes?:shifty: :knife:

'Amazing, innit. As Pete opined; "Lives dominated by the media and T.V. Stars". What a great sense of priorities.

The ignorance shown by t-e-a-c-h-e-r-s interviewed from-time-to-time in the above man-on-the-street segments is just as totally mind-numbing. They're every bit as ignorant.

In general, once one gets past the "Baby Boomers" and the "Generation X-ers" that followed, the 'mental fog meter' is completely pegged almost immediately.

If you're curious as to just how bad it can get, Google: "Battle of the JayWalking All-Stars". 'Better have a stiff drink at the ready...possibly two...maybe even three depending on your choice of libation.

:sad:

Back