To LSD or not to LSD?

Guys,

Any comments on the importance or value of an LSD in a G50 transaxle? Am especially interested in actual road experience.

Thanks,

mike

LSD is vital in my book!

When ever a rear wheel loses traction it will spin, the LSD transfers some of that power to the wheel not spinning. Without? Well you spin the wheels, lose time and traction.

Every 40 should have one!!

Regards,

J.P

Mike,

I have a Quaife ATB LSD in my G50. The control and lack of
wheelspin, especially when cornering, is breathtaking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Do it! By all means! You'll be glad that you did! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bill

Mike

We use a Quaife ATB diff in a modified Renault 21T box and it transformed the handling. All others that I know of who have also converted would not go back! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
YES! Some of the best money I spent on my car. I have had the experience of running my car both without and with the quaife and the quaife wins hands down. The next time that I go to VIR you are welcome to come along for a spirited ride in a car that has a quaife and a fair amount of horsepower.

Malcolm

Supporter
Totally support the comments above about the Quaife ATB LSD. Also helps you do quick and easy spin turns as I found out on Saturday at the Brighton Speed Trials in Parc Ferme. Who says Brighton is only about straight lines?

Malcolm

Back