Top speed

joined the 299 club on my R1 down a very big hill. always wondered why it was called the 299 club....speedo stops at 299! digital

175 in the 16M, lots left in the car, ran out of road.

gt40, should be good for 200 (its got plenty of power), but as cliff says, theres a huge difference from 150 to 200mph. will let you know when we get the 40 sorted out

Cliff John Tiemann may have, I haven't talked to him since the Silver State open road race, he has been rrrrrrrrrreal close. I now for sure in the 190s. His GT40 is Australian built and has the Porsche transaxle with cooler for open road racing. He had problems with aerodynamics and added diffusers from the Ford GT, he was hoping this solved the problem. Unfortunately he doesn't follow this forum, he is a very good guy in person. Here are few shots of the diffusers.

I want more information on those diffusers. Do they work and how do they tie into the bottom pan.

Never even made 100, 97.34 was my best effort. But that was nearly 30 years ago img006.jpg

Keith

Dang! Is that a foil in front and an Arneson Surface Drive in back...?

Is the hull stepped?

Cool or what...:thumbsup:

Boy that takes me back to the old wood boat plans book's. The 8' 3-point hydro plans. Just add a short shaft OMC and a dagger like prop.
Dave

For the GT 40....only about 125 mph, maybe and to date. I say maybe because my speedo is broken but the guy I was having fun with told me he was doing about 120 when I went by him.... My fastest speed ever, 167 on I-95 between Savannah Ga. and Jacksonville, FL in a Ferrari 512BB. I was young and dumb but its a day and moment I'll never forget. The car was rock steady but I ran out of "bottle."

img007.jpg

Boat 3 point hydro (only turns left)
Length 4.2 m (13ft)
Engine Koenig 500cc 4cyl 2 stroke 118 bhp@ 10700rpm
(You could get up to 125 @ 13000+ if you rebuilt the crank every 4 meetings)
Fuel Methanol + "R" (at my local lake we did 6 lap races.3/4 mile
each lap + up to start line and back to pits 5 1/2 total =1 1/2
gallons fuel )
weight 170lbs+ driver(140 in 1980 pehaps a llttle more now)

155 (limited) in a S55 Merc on a dry/straight/empty french autostrada between Paris and Nice....while my wife was asleep in the passenger seat...

Back