Tornado pricing

Hello, brand new here, very interested in building a kit or purchasing a GT40 that needs work.
On Tornado website, they offer complete kit (says all you need is paint, glue? and 350 man hours) for 48,500 pound - $62500
Is this price for real, or am I missing something? There is a VAT tax of 20%, do US customers pay VAT?

Thanks in advance

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I think your best avenue is give Andy Sheldon at Tornado a call and discuss, but sales outside the UK are VAT exempt. The price is pretty darn good IMO, my ERA invoice was $78k in 1993 (there base kit was $54k at the time) and a Superformance roller is something like $145k now. Have you also looked at the RCR Deluxe kit?

Excellent info fellas, there is a Roaring Forties on BAT that struck my interest. It needs a lot of work but the price is already at $58K with a day to go.
Andy, I will look very closely at your product.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Wolfgang

OK and thanks.
Our Super Pro kits are fully developed and include everything needed to complete the car even the brake fluid.
They are the most complete cars in kit form of any type and not just in the GT40 replica market.
We have a choice of 3 chassis types available including a Tubular space frame, an Aluminium Monocoque or a Carbonfibre Monocoque.
All parts are bagged and part numbered and include all required fixings and fittings packs.
There is absolutely no welding, fabrication or machining required.
You do not need to make or supply any parts yourself only paint and glue.
If you find something you need to complete the car, even if its only a rivet or screw, we will send it to you free of charge.
A comprehensive build manual is supplied with 385 step by step colour photos on a CD disc.
Build help is always available 7 days a week by email or 5 days a week by telephone.

Thanks again

Andy

Andy, your tubular space frame, vs aluminum monocoque, is there a vast difference in stiffness between the two? Or is your monocoque design basically to suit the guys that are after originality?
What is your lead time nowadays?

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Wolfgang
The Aluminium Monocoques are much stiffer than the spaceframes and also much lighter as they use Honeycomb construction.
For delivery times please drop me an email.
Thanks
Andy

Back