trans for project

I'm looking for a replacement for the VW transporter 4 speed trans i have in the rear of my project car at present, Came across this.
Audi A4-A6 Passat 1.9 ltr turbo Diesel 5 speed trans. DUK=012
it will be going behind a warm 302 ford in a 400kg single seater, any good or not, advice welcome
cheers John

I too, have a transmission (racing only) for sale. It's based in QLD...

Transaxle is Elite Racing Transmission's TXL300 6 Speed SEQUENTIAL with internal oil pump, solenoid reverse lock-out, and Gear knob (with lock out control button). Includes Digital gear indicator. Input shaft is for the LS series engine, and has been designed with the Albins Bell housing and 20mm adapter plate from the factory. The 'box is geared to 293kph at 7800rpm on our usual wide / tall GT40 rubber (ratio / gear sped chart available). Output flange seals have been updated since delivery (by the factory).

Hydraulic release bearing included (ex-factory). Full workshop manuals, part drawings, CAD files, all included. Gearbox can be used for mounting suspension directly to it. The mounting points are exactly the same as the Hewland NLT, with extras too.

Gears are straight cut, with dog engagement. Output shaft PCD is same as Porsche / Holden.

There are 2x adapter plates supplied with this gearbox - 1x large plate with chassis mounting points (as in pictures), and 1x small plate (profile cut around bell housing)

Price is $12,000

Attachments

• Elite TXL300.jpg
    Elite TXL300.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 1,577
  • Elite Parts.JPG
    Elite Parts.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 392
What about a subaru impreza wrx trans I saw an adaptor to make it work inmid engine configuration in austrailia. 230KW is what they said it was good for.

The code DUK has arguably the best street ratios for a V8 application from the 012 series of transaxles, mostly due to its 3.56:1 R&P ratio. There's been some doubt with regard to its strength for this kind of application, though I don't know of any instances where anyone has actual experience with it coupled to a V8. If you're looking for assured durability, then perhaps you might consider another option.

Andy

Why not wait awhile for the Griffin. Off the shelf parts, custom cases and a variety of ratio's. May turn out to be the best for the buck...just sayin..

Well went and had a look at box today, turns out its from a German domestic 2008 Avanta 3 ltr turbo diesel, and the old Geman gentleman that has a container full of Merc Audi and BMW goodies assures me that in my application i wont break it, so i parted with a few measly sheckles and bought it, to cheap not to.
cheers John

Well went and had a look at box today, turns out its from a German domestic 2008 Avanta 3 ltr turbo diesel, and the old Geman gentleman that has a container full of Merc Audi and BMW goodies assures me that in my application i wont break it, so i parted with a few measly sheckles and bought it, to cheap not to.
cheers John

If it's from a Audi/VW, seat or Skoda, it's an 0A2 which is a decent box.

Back