Turkey tray / cool box for 351W

Hi,

I have a 351W engine with a redline manifold and quad IDA set up. Does anyone have a drawing / plan for a turkey tray that would fit this set up.

Thanks

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
The turkey tray is designed for use with manifolds that have built in exhaust crossover and to stop the oil coking on the underside of the hot manifold in that situation.

You shouldn't need a turkey tray for the redline setup you are running.

I think he's talking about this box, which isolates the carbs from the hot engine-compartment air.

coldair.jpg

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Nick,

I have one fitted to my RML. Not too far away from you in Bollington and you're welcome to visit and measure up if that helps.

See attached pic.

Best wishes,

Jim

Attachments

• TurkeyPan.jpg
    TurkeyPan.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 432
Hi,

Bob that's the one, Jim thanks for the offer and I would love to come and have a look at your car she looks beautiful. Not sure measuring would be much help as it is the cutout positions for the carbs that I really need, but I am willing to use any excuse to see your car.

Thanks

Nick

Mike Pass

Supporter
You can make one fairly easily by using a thin sheet of acrylic. Slowdrying paint or ink on the manifold and place the acrylic sheet on top. Cut out the holes and you have a template. Alternatively use the standard templates for webers and measure the spacing and do a drawing. Get a sheet laser cut at a sheet metal place - there is one near me in Oldham which did me some exhaust flanges cheaply from just an exhaust gasket as template.
Cheers
Mike

Mike,

Thanks for that should have known to speak to you first I'll be in touch, need to know were to send santa for the acrylic sheet.

Nick

Nick-
I've got the Weber base drawing in DXF and DWG format and a turkey pan base drawing that I made for the 289 FoMoCo intake manifold. The carb spacing is probably different for your setup, but you might be able to rework the drawing if isn't too far off.
John

Back