TWIN TURBO NELSON RACING 6.0 LITRE WINDSOR FORD GT40

This is one I made earlier, about 20 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2293.JPG
    IMG_2293.JPG
    528 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_2294.JPG
    IMG_2294.JPG
    491.6 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    507.5 KB · Views: 354
Anybody knows more?
Looks like it has the DRB mirrors on it and it looks like it has a Porsche G50 of some sort in there with a CMS side shift adapter on it.
filled at the Acacia Ridge IGA supermarket, which is a suburb of Brisbane Queensland, so not far from where DRB are located. Certainly fits the Mad Max comment, its just a little far from Lara for it to belong to the Toe Cutter....

very cool, I think its actually a very clean build for something this complicated. some good planning and fabrication skills put to use.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
What's the point of that?

Carroll Shelby 'splained that!
"There is never enough horsepower....just not enough traction." (And I would add: 'suspension'...and possibly brakes.)
:cool:

Sadly...the owner wrecked the car below his 1st time behind the wheel. 'One N-A-S-T-Y sounding rig! Turn up the audio...if you dare!

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Carroll Shelby 'splained that!
"There is never enough horsepower....just not enough traction." (And I would add: 'suspension'...and possibly brakes.)
:cool:

Sadly...the owner wrecked the car below his 1st time behind the wheel. 'One N-A-S-T-Y sounding rig! Turn up the audio...if you dare!

Ah yes, that chassis has shown up on eBay several times. Photos make it look like cosmetic damage but the tub is toast!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Ya, 'owner asked Dallas Performance to rebuild it for him...they refused. I was told they tried to talk him out of building it in the 1st place...'was too much h.p. for the car and too much rear weight as well handling-wise.

'Proved to be prophetic.

Hi Clayton, changed a few things since those photos and now thinking of putting it back to naturally aspirated,
I remember the day you came down.
Are you still in Darwin?

Yep, still in Darwin, best place to be at the moment
From memory you had quad Weber’s on it previously.
The acceleration was brutal. Going to be hard to go back to n/a from the current setup, performance wise.
keep us updated.

Back