Valentino Rossi in Kiwi WRC

Paolo, from what I can see so far you may have heard that wrong. Perhaps it should have read "Rossi will be last in part of New Zealand rally."
There's no doubting the guys tallent on a bike but I've a feeling the rally driving will remain a passion and not become a full time job for the lad.

Yep, u right.
According to the news here seems Valentino enjoys a lot drive rally cars but in many many interviews he really doesnt feel to become a "serious" rally driver.
He is really right cause the rally series remains the most couragious race category u can try (a lot more than formula one..).
He is taking part of the last races of NZ rally, and anyway this is a proof of the great interest and love he places in racing in general.

I saw him driving in Bologna at "memorial Attilio Bettega" during the motor show in last december.
Is a pleasure to see him driving, cause he places the same passion in rally as he does for motorbikes, but his skills remains anyway at local championships (not at all as Loeb or WRC guys..)

Hope anyway he can do a good race down there:)

Paolo

... and I wouldn't write him off in rallying yet. He's a smart cookie - remember, he didn't try unrealistically hard to win his first championships in other series.
I think he understands that you can't just get in/on a machine and win - talent is a start but there's more to it than that. He has plenty of time and not all that much to win compared to what he has to lose.

Wherever he goes, if he's half successful I'll bet if it's not a top-rater it will be.

Personally I hope he stays on bikes for a while longer. The WRC telecasts are too much like an MTV clip and I find I don't watch much rallying anymore because of it.
Paris-Dakar coverage is more my style.

Ciao

Tim.

Great great Valentino:D
now we will wait him for the "Memorial Attilio Bettega" rally during the next motor show in Bologna (early december) where he probably will fight to some famous wrc champions (and he always give great driving show there)

paolo:D

Moto GP has been pretty exciting to watch the last few years... Rossi will probably be around another year or two... until he wins the new 800cc championship so that will give him championships in 500cc, 990cc and this year 800cc. Arguably one of the best riders ever.

He's done some laps in formula 1 too (not far off the pace). I'd much rather watch him in WRC though.

in too many interviews Valentino talks about his future in racing.
The formula one matter is just a media creation..he did some test, but today start in formula one is as start play tennis,completely different than everything else and he is a SERIOUS driver (instead modern formula one isnt serious at all...looking at guys as Fisichella or at the incredible dismissing of the best pilot of every time).
Even from formula one world we all have seen the recent adventure of Montoya..claimed to be a f1 champion..and only able to make a wonderful fire crash fighting for the 21th place in a nascar race.

Valentino would like to try more seriously the rally driving (being the best, hardest and dangerous experience at today...), but he also wellknows not to be fast and winning as in 2 wheels racing.
He was clear..he miss the courage to drive as Loeb and all the other too great pilots can do in WRC.

Probably he will simply go on some years with bikes.
Nobody thinks at him seriously inside a formula one cockpit, neither himself.
Nobody can do today what John Surtees did in his age, neither Valentino..so easy in doing miracles:D

Paolo

Travis Pastrana seems to have made the switch from two wheels to 4 quite well. I even read somewhere that he won an American event not too long ago. Only time will tell if he can do it in world ralley. He's just crazy enough to make it. Did you see the double backflip he did on his motorcycle at the x games. He's either a madman, or brilliant in figuring out what it takes.

kenshiro8 said:
Nobody can do today what John Surtees did in his age,
Paolo

Hi Paolo - GTD40 Club chairman Roy Smart Raced bikes with John Surtees many moons ago.... I remember Roy telling me that once they 'both came off on one particular circuit corner and John was telling Roy that his dad would not be happy, he was apparently a major driving force behind John in his early years....

Last edited:
Back