Very interested in an SLC

Kwacker or Kermit?:D

Thanks a million for matching up the Duc Fran! I still vacillate between the mule's orange colo(u)r and the Ducati yellow, but at $296.00/litre for "Tangerine Metallic Pearl" paint..........lets just say that the decision became much more easy.

NEW DEVELOPMENT:

There's a guy in Florida who says his shop is nicer than Fran's. He is selling a 90% complete Fiberfab Valkyrie with a 283 Chevy and Corvair transaxle already in it for only a few hundred dollars more than the SLC roller. And it has tires on it, too. He's selling it because of a divorce.

I'm going to fly down there today to look at it. I might be driving a Supercar sooner than I'd hoped!

NEW DEVELOPMENT:

There's a guy in Florida who says his shop is nicer than Fran's. He is selling a 90% complete Fiberfab Valkyrie with a 283 Chevy and Corvair transaxle already in it for only a few hundred dollars more than the SLC roller. And it has tires on it, too. He's selling it because of a divorce.

I'm going to fly down there today to look at it. I might be driving a Supercar sooner than I'd hoped!

Don't really think Fiberfab's Valkyrie (GT40 knock-off) competes with any of Fran's offerings...
valkyriepic1.jpg

If you want to drive home in a supercar why not buy a modified corvette?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Fiberfab Valkyrie with a 283 Chevy and Corvair transaxle already in it .....
I might be driving a Supercar sooner than I'd hoped!

It seemed from earlier posts that you were interested in a SuperCar and doing Track Time.

While the Valkyrie has it's place in the history of the kit car industry and some can be built quite nicely - I don't think I would lump one with a 283 and Corvair transaxle into the SuperCar category.

You may do some track time in it, but be aware that the Corvair Transaxle with V8 power in front of it is much akin to driving a hand grenade with the pin ready to fall out of the hole..

In my honest opinion -
If you really want a SuperCar - you should stick with your original plan..

I'm glad I waited for someone to respond 1st (April) - I wasn't going to be as ...um... cordial. I get it now - just removed hook from mouth.

Sucka's !

I'm thinking that car needs a serious splitter....like an AXE.....right down the centerline....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Sorry gents - got married almost 36 years ago to a wonderful girl who's birthday just happens to be April 1st. Had to shed any thoughts of April fools jokes many years ago...

So the joke was on me! :D

Glad to hear that the diversion was only a short lived one... :)

GOOD NEWS!

Just got the results of my CT scan and blood work. Aside from elevated lead levels, 100% clean bill of health.

Now planning another trip to Detroit to visit Thomson Automotive and finalize the options on the SLC.

(This is NOT an April Fool's joke...)

JR

Hello John,
Several SL-C's in your/our neighborhood. Picked my SL-C in Nov. In Springfield here.
Joe

Back