VOTE NOW: What do we do to Hersh...

G

and his RF40 if he doesn't show his face around here real quick like.

Personally, I was thinking of airbagging the car's suspension, putting in full hydraulics, neon in the wheel wells, rabbit fur seats, you know, tasteful stuff like that. Oh yeah, the finishing touch would be some old Mach 1 rear window slats on the back end. Fit, of course, unimportant.

Hersh, you STAY. Okay?

TT

Hi all,

Maybe this will work...Hersh, either put my name on your GT40 title or stay as moderator on the Forum. I think I know his reponse...

Now that that is settled, any other topics??

We care about you Hersh!

John

Screw that leave the car out of this. It's done nothing wrong, and hey be nice to the old 'stags my favorite old ride was my 69 mach I.
Tell you what I'll do, as a voice for the forum I am going to see Hershal on Monday. Sorry I have to do this but I'm gonna have to put my foot in your ass.
If Meat can bully you I certainly should have no problem.
wink.gif

Well maybe I should wait till we finish the car. Either way Hersh be warned there's a butt kickin comin'
tongue.gif

John

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Ron, good call on the now closed topic regarding "Meat" (or should I say "dead meat") - nothing but trouble from start to finish. To drive someone like Hersh to the point of pulling back from Forum participation is unforgiveable.

Perhaps we will see "meat" reappear in some other forum as the "almost, only single donor-car manufacturer of the "wankermobile" !

Hang in there Hersh, the turkey is cooked !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.
grin.gif

Hersh,

I can understand that you have turned the other cheek as long as you could stand it, but please consider this:

1. Some people NEVER learn to play well with others, won't listen to reason, and
obviously can't take a hint.(Your Pal)
2. You shouldn't be losing sleep over the nonsensical ravings of a troublemaker.
3. Your zeal for the marque, obvious talent,
experience,and willingness to help any and all, would be greatly missed here.
4. Your contributions to the Forum, far outweigh the negative B.S. barrage from you know who!

Please stick with us! This forum can't afford to lose you! Whaddya say?

Bill

Hi all

what happened?
I was so busy watching the war on TV it looks like I missed the sneak attack on the forum.
Hershal stay on board you know as they say in Arizona "we love you man"
I saw your car at Gordon Levy's place nice job. Sorry I missed you this year but hope to catch up with you soon.

Regards
Chris Melia

I knew this guy was trouble from the first post he wrote, but I have learned to ignore him (It is tough at times).

Hersh I hope that you can learn to ignore him too as we (the forum) would certainly loose significantly in your absence.

I absolutely think that Hersh should stay.

I had no idea that asking questions would cause so much ruckus. They seemed like good questions, on a thread about the product I was confused about. I could have asked the questions by email, which was tried, but to no avail. I sent the email to [email protected] and it came back as undeliverable. Twice.

So, My apologies to the forum. I didn't think that posting questions would cause harm. I wasn't around yesterday to read all of the negativity directed towards me, but I did take the time to read the posts today. I also made sure to read the death threat that I got by email and forward it, as well as the email from David Morton.

Right now, I have alot of work to do on the M40. There's a donor coming apart and a chassis being built. There's also pricing being nailed down as well as an assembly manual. So I don't have a whole lot of time to post here until that is all done.

I apologize to Ron and Hersh for having the audacity to ask a question. I thank them for allowing me to be a member. I would hope that Hersh continues to be a member here, and I'm sorry that an email sent hiim over the edge; I thought that it was far more appropriate that the email be sent, rather than posted here, because I didn't want to start an argument, or call people names...it's too bad that it appears that I'm in the minority when it comes to that.

Hersh should stay. I have too much work to do, so I'm going 'into the desert' for 40 days or whenever I get done. If I come back, I'll be much closers to a finished product. If I don't, some of you may miss me, some of you may not. But - and I mean this with all sincerity - knowing all of you has been an experience. I would never treat any of you the way some of you want to treat me. Regardless of how you feel about me, I continue to hold you in highest esteem. I remain:

Your pal,
Meat.
flagsmall.jpg

Ron Earp

Admin
Sean,

I have a hard time feeling sorry or much sympathy for you. There is no doubt the forum is a place for questions. But the manner in which you ask questions, constantly quote and comment on posts, and in general seem suspicious of members and manufacturers alike gives me pause.

The first few times I ran across your threads on the Cobra Forum a couple of years ago I figured it was just me and that I read too much into your posts. However, over time I learned that many people felt this way about your badgering and assertive nature. Eventually I learned that droves of people left the boards where you posted.

Here almost the same thing happened. You start posting on the forum and within a manner of days I get emails from all sorts of people concerned about the quality of the forum and nature of the discussions. Coincidence? I don't think so, it appears that you definitely have a manner about you that a lot of people do not appreciate.

Now, I can definitely say that I wish you great success with the M40 project. I hope that you can get it going and I hope that you'll find a lot of potential buyers on the forum. In fact, if it gets finished I'm sure you'll find a lot of folks here that are interested. But, in order to serve them well I think you've a ways to go before you are as helpful as Bob Putman, Robert Logan, Dave Harvey, Bob Lacey, and all the others.

Do I wish you banned from the forum? Not particularily since I think the forum should be open to all members. I just wish you'd learn to co-exist a little better and learn how to play nice. The sandbox is big enough for all of us and sure enough, every now and then we're going to dig up a present the cat left for us. But I think we're all adults and should be able to get along.

Ron

Was over at the Miata web site (my latest project: turbo Miata) and who shall appear: Your fiend meat! He's EVERYWHERE! cb

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Hershal:
I haven't seen the latest Meat-O-Gram which made you feel like giving up as one of the Forum moderators. This is probably lucky for me as I don't relish reading them...however I would like to add my voice to those asking that you reconsider and remain with us in your present capacity.
Newcomers to the Forum may not have seen the numerous posts Hershal put up while he was building his car. He was one of the first people in the USA to build an RF car, if I am not mistaken, and his methodical, lucid posts, accompanied by clear and well-made photos, were a pleasure for us all to read and view. It is no surprise that the car, by all accounts, turned out fast, beautiful, and reliable. That says a lot about Robert Logan, and Hershal as well. Not only that, but Hersh has been helpful to several other people who are building GT40s of various kinds. This has included visiting them personally to help out.
Hersh, I appreciate all the posts you have put up; the knowledge, humor and maturity in them has been a pleasure and of benefit to all of us. I hope you will stay on. I also hope you will consider coming to Pebble Beach this summer so that I have the pleasure of meeting you in person. I and the entire gang from Grand Touring would like to have you as our dinner guests.

G

Hershal, I really hope you can go for a relaxing drive in the 40, come home, have a beer and everything be OK in the morning. I understand all to well how you feel though. I have been on this forum since its inception and the main reason I have never volunteered to moderate any of the sections is that I am to sensitive and emotional. Hell of a thing for a guy to admit, but since I was old enough to remember, I have heard comments about being sensitive. I would have gone ballistic along time ago. Just being a participant, I have had to apologize a couple of times for getting too "into it."

In my line of business, I run into these kind of people every day. They love to sit on the side and chuck spears at anyone and everyone. They seem to do it because they are very impressed with their own "voice", they just enjoy making people squirm (vendor bashing is the major pastime for many in the computer industry), they are trying to impress everyone with how smart they are or they just like to argue (they should join a debating society.) The anonymity of the internet also gives those that are so insecure that they wouldn't say shit if they had a mouthful in a group of people the courage to overcompensate. The common thread is that they need an audience to get their jollies. Other than not being able to stop them being their own audience, there is an easy solution to this kind of behavior: we can all make sure they are their only audience. In other words, just ignore them! If some want to get drawn into the no win situation of arguing with them, whose to stop them. But, for the majority, when you see this kind of post, just skip over it and make your comments to the rest of the participants. After a while of being totally ignored, we can hope that this kind bear baiting mentality will disappear. (We can hope, right?)
At work, I have to keep my cool and keep the questions germane to the product I am presenting and to debate the technical merits of our products. I do my best to side track the spear chuckers. But the last resort is saying something like, "That is a really good question, but I don't know the answer to it. Let me research it and get back to you." Here we don't have to do that; we can just hit Page Down and go on with our discussion.

............; Did you here something?....Must have been a mosquito..............damn annoying bugs!........., as I was saying, "how did you design your positioning mechanisms for the front and rear clips?"

[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: Lynn Larsen ]

I too would miss Hersh. I've spoken with him a time or two and he was a big help. It would be terrible shame for others, (and perhaps myself again in the future), not to have access the Hersh's experience and help.

Seems to me that everyone co-exists rather nicely, except for one. The answer would appear to be simple.

Beer does sound good...

G

I just got off the phone with Hershal and I can corroborate what Dave said. Hersh asked me to assure everyone that he will be back. Like Dave said, he is just taking a breather from the forum. He is too concerned that anyone who is curious, interested, buying, building, or doing anything that involves GT40s get assistance, tips, or what ever help they need to stay away too long. I think he is using the time to get ready for the Knott's Berry show also. Its pretty cool that they chose his car to represent the brand.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Hersh, I,ve seen your car at Gordons, so know you're not a 16 year old want-a-be, and I have enjoyed your posts. They have been helpful and informative in nature. This forum has been a livesaver for me durning my build more than once. Those of us that are serious about building GT40's value you and people like you. Please do what you must but I would hate to have talented people leave this forum to the non contributing want-a- be's.

G

It will happen all over again, without a doubt. He can't control it. Sean, you're ill, man, get help.

TT

I am not appraised of the full events, but from what I see brings me great distress. Hershal if I am reading this right you are talking of leaving the forum. Please don't. In the short time I have been here on the forum I have had reason to contact you personlly, of which you were a great help and responsive and most importantly courteous. For that I hold you in great respect both with the knowledge that you hold and the person that you are.

Everyone please do not loose sight of why we are here... we all have a common love/passion (or insanity as my good lady calls it), which is the GT, and through this forum we get to share ideas and be part of a fantastic group.

Right that all said it 5:30 here in the UK, so I'm off to my second love..... BEER
grin.gif

Brett

Not taking sides, but would like to point out that meat does have a car, a real Shelby cobra, its on his site(cobra trader.com). Guys like Hersh are invaluable on a site like this, photos and details on a build are what this is what this site should be all about. but in all fairness you guys need to cut Sean a little slack...
frown.gif

Back