VSS Connector

I need the two pin mating VSS connector for an 01E, so I'm seeking the most reasonable/convenient source. Is this connector available separately somewhere, or am I relegated to cutting one off of a late Audi/VW harness at the local recycler?

While on the subject, what is the function of the *other* connector on the right side of the 01E? Is it a reverse indicator? Same deal; connector source?

Thank you,

Andy

Certain connectors are available separately via VAG, you're best bet is to call your local dealer and "get in bed" with someone at the parts desk. I cannot say for certain if the VSS is one of those connectors though.

And yes...reverse light switch.

If you cannot locate the proper connectors with that you can hardwire it via using 20awg slip crimp connectors over the wire terminals inside the sensor(s) and potting the end of the sensor with 3M Window Weld. (That's a very tenacious structural window adhesive that is strong, flexible, doesn't conduct electricity and yet can be removed in the future if sensor replacement is required) It's a solid connection that won't fail and works in a pinch. Just remember to use some type of quick disconnect on each of the wires from the sensor(s) if you do alot of R&R maintenance as it makes removal in those case much easier.

Back