Waiting, waiting, waiting

Or a "use tax" or whatever. Seems to me there's some sort of transfer tax in CA equivalent to sales tax when you buy a used car, even if it's a private sale between individuals.

The charging of sales tax on out-of-state sales seems to me to be effectively the states imposing an import duty on interstate commerce, and I'm pretty sure that's unconstitutional. But I'm not a lawyer, and nobody even seems to have tried to fight it so I don't really know...

Round 2 with the DMV. I take back the filled-out forms and expect them to tell me I have to make an appointment with the county to get a smog/safety check. Instead they take my money and give me plates /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I asked about getting it smogged, since I had been told before that kit cars need to be smogged and safety inspected every year. Nope, it's new she says, then checks with her supervisor. Nope, it's new.

They didn't even ask for proof of insurance, which is my next order of business...

I don't care what anybody says, you don't want gas in the cockpit period. With all the electrical connections switches and a confined space with marginal ventilation, your just asking for trouble. Use an isolater and be done with it, if your pressures will work with it. ( haven't seen one that handles more than about 15 lbs.) If your fuel pressure lets go, you will know about it soon enough. BTW have you guys "installed and sealed" the panneling around the fuel inlet hoses? That funny smell in the cockpit could go "BOOM". That's why they install sniffers and blowers in the engine compartments of boats. Access doors can be installed in the wheel wells. You can install the pressure guage in the engine compartment and make it visible to the rear view mirror if you just have to know. The original race cars didn't "always" consider the safety aspect. For me, it will be an isolater or not at all.
Bill

Back