FS USA Weber 48 IDF setup for sale

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I bought this set of Webers for SBF about 12-15 years ago from a fellow Forum member. They are chromed Weber 48IDFs mounted on a cast alloy manifold for SBF. They have never been mounted on an engine, never had fuel in them, and have never been used. The carburetors are "Made In Spain"- I don't know what year of manufacture. They have always been stored indoors in dry conditions. The basic linkage is there; also the fittings to use clamped hoses.

What you see is what you get. Chromed Webers are difficult to find- a quick search didn't turn up any. These are a bit dusty but will clean up beautifully. They are too showy for a GT40, IMHO, which is why they were not used. Also, 48IDFs are a bit large for either of my Ford engines. $3250 obo, I will crate and ship at your expense, which will also include insurance. Thanks for looking!!! Jim Rosenthal, Annapolis, MD

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 421

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I don't know, but I know they were set up for SBF 302. They are also big enough to work on a 351w as noted above. If you're seriously interested, I can try and take a look in one and see what's in them.

I have a set of 48 IDA's on my 289 and like the idea of having a backup set in case I need them. Trying to figure out how much more I would have to invest.

Jim

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Jim, this rig is IDFs, did you see that? I'd love to sell them, but I don't want you to buy them thinking they are IDAs. IDFs are said to be better for street use- at least Jim Inglese says so. And other sources as well.

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Is this a vacuum plenum type manifold? Do you have a photo of the underside of the manifold?

Jim, this rig is IDFs, did you see that? I'd love to sell them, but I don't want you to buy them thinking they are IDAs. IDFs are said to be better for street use- at least Jim Inglese says so. And other sources as well.
Jim, I know that they are IDF's. Was just looking at possibilities and if I were to build a street engine I have heard that the IDF's are better for street than the IDA's.

Jim

Back