Weird ISIS problem

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
So I'm out for a drive today and all of sudden the car dies and there's no electrical power. I push and hold the start button and power comes back on and the engine cranks. Engine starts, I release the start button. Engine stays running, but no power to the dash. Push the start button again and the engine stops and dash power comes on. :huh:

I finally figured out the the ISIS master cell was confused about where it was in the start sequence. I disconnected and reconnected the battery and everything went back to normal.

Anyone else have this happen? I think one of my winter projects is going to be adding a toggle switch for the ignition and ditch the ISIS "one button start" feature.

Do you have a master kill switch? I have the painless remote solenoid to keep the Infinity Box from draining. It won't keep the problem from happening, but at least would make it very simple to reset the car without even having to pull over.

A.J.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I have a remote control kill switch, that's how I disconnected the battery. I turn off the battery when the car is sitting so the ISIS system doesn't kill the battery.

I had the same thing happen to me - after ~400 miles or so my rear power cell lost power while driving one day, then it came back alive when i restarted. However, within the next ~10 miles or so the powercell died. Apparently it was a bad pump circuit thingie ..... Jay was really good and replaced it even though I was several years out of warranty. 10years, 3 ISIS and 1 I2 1+1 million relay units later and that's been the only issue I've ever had.

Hopefully just a one-time glitch, but I wouldn't make your next few trips very long ones and would monitor for anything unusual.

Error Log

Check the error log on the master cell. Also check the connectors on the CAN lines to make sure that the inner pins can't push out of their retainer when you plug it in.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Well, I'm glad it's not just me.

I checked the error codes and got the following:

Charge Pump:
Cell=A2
Node=11

Load Shed: A1-1, Voltage 6.4
A1-1, 7.5
A2-10, 7.6
A2-9, 7.6

Sys Voltage: A2-11, B+ Volts 7.6

I'm not following the nomenclature here.
Cell A2 = Rear power cell, connector A?
Node 11 = Powercell input 11?

I don't think that's right because there is no A2-11 or A1-1.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVsnm2zs-hA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVsnm2zs-hA[/ame]

Last edited:
Record the error log and email it to Jay at Infinity Power. He will let you know what is happening.

System voltage 7.6V....off the cuff that doesn't look right - I know enough to be dangerous though. ISIS doesn't play well if not seeing proper/enough voltage.

Battery check/alternator check etc. The infinity system does drain down a battery - but you use a battery cut-off device.

Well, I'm glad it's not just me.

I checked the error codes and got the following:

Charge Pump:
Cell=A2
Node=11

Load Shed: A1-1, Voltage 6.4
A1-1, 7.5
A2-10, 7.6
A2-9, 7.6

Sys Voltage: A2-11, B+ Volts 7.6

I'm not following the nomenclature here.
Cell A2 = Rear power cell, connector A?
Node 11 = Powercell input 11?

I don't think that's right because there is no A2-11 or A1-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVsnm2zs-hA

Back