Well Hi...

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
Hi to one and all. Well here goes abit about me. married to the best girl in the world anne - 39years old, no children, average penis. (thats me not anne)

started racing superkarts about 4years ago -250 gearbox long circuit 160mph stuff - which only proves that i am a complete nutter and not that i can race. (i am sure the guys from SA here will know abit about these things) Then after realisation that age and beer gut prevented me from getting any better than midfield (did manage a 2nd once at Oulton Park yihaaa) and any more track time than 20mins would mean a week off work...i got a cheap Radical clubsport (then sold it a year later) for racing and trackdays. Also Sold the ExigeS so currently "toyless"

Looking for my next venture and was/am seriously considering a 360spider after dropping the idea of an UltimaGT.
Sorry to say that a GT40 wasnt a childhood dream, i didnt have posters on the wall of Gulf livery and all that malarky but have slowly become seduced by the whole GT40 thing

I am here to learn so please tolerate to a certain degree any silly questions but the more i look the more i fancy a GT40 replica.

Anybody with any info to help a newbie find a GT40 either new or 2nd hand in the UK please PM me or email [email protected]
Tell me they all sound like this and i am sold..

YouTube - 1966 CAV Ford GT 40 of www.putschracing.com

chow

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a nice group of people here willing to help and educate you on the GT40.

Cheers
Bill

Welcome Craig, well they mostly sound like that, depends how hard you hit the loud pedal! If you didn't get to Stoneleigh show you missed out on a good cross section of styles and makes that would have helped or as some of the guys I spoke to said, hindered in the selection process. There are lots of different options and specs out there, even just looking at the UK supply, but I would have a good look at various makes and then make a list of the "must haves" for your car. Go and visit the manufacturers (they are all very helpful and keen) and then decide which level of build completion you want. After that it's either start the build or get in and drive. One little bit of advice though, avoid "showroom" car sales garages that advertise racing cars (Cobras and GT40s) I drove a round trip of 350 miles Torquay to South of Newbury to test drive a car having set it up with the garage only to be told when I got there that I couldn't drive the car because it had rained earlier and they did not want to have to clean it again afterwards - you know who you are! Still they did me a favour in the end, their car was a GTD and I ended up with an MDA, much nicer and easier to live with. Happy hunting

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
....and you know you're average how? .... :D

Welcome to gt40s!!!!!

12 inches is average isn't it? ;o) At least I always thought that I was a "average"

Last edited:

Craig Gillingham

chris...didnt get to stoneleigh..with regret... a picture paints a thousand words and all that.

guys..sorry didnt make myself clear..i wasnt taking about size..its usage....on "average" it gets a seeing to once a month ..hehehehehe

Hi Dave,
yeah it's a nasty sounding bastard innit ! That clip's been posted on the forum quite a few times and no one seems to know whats in it exactly. I think the chassis is 1051 which started life as a road car before being hopped up.

Sorry Craig no photo. I took my camera with me but spent all day talking to prospective MDA customers as Mark's (Sibley of MDA) rep. Had agreat time though and did get a chance to meet some other GT40 owners. I think you really need two or more to be able to take time out and get some decent pics, maybe next time. Big thanks to Steve Barker who stood in for me while I took a comfort break. If you want to see more of my car look for some of my other posts where photos have been added.

Craig Gillingham

no probs chris.

Went to GT40supercars today to look at the CAV car. Great guys there, very helpful and impressive build quality and car. IMHO

Back