What brake ducting inlet do you use?

I am specifically talking about the piece that mounts to RCR's spindle. I have seen a really nice "custom fabrication" but was wondering if there is something out there that will work. The closest that I have seen is the setup sold by cobra automotive Cobra Automotive Shelby Mustang brakes & suspensions . The bolt pattern for a Ford spindle is different than RCR's. (I think). I am running a 3" duct to it. Any ideas out there?

Thanks,
Jim

(RCR 40).

Jim,

unless you plan on seriously racing your car and bringing your RCR40 down from 150 mph plus repeatedly ,you do not need to have brake ducts attached to the upright...aiming a 3 inch diameter hose at the center of the rotor will be more than sufficient...

There is no off the shelf duct that attaches to my upright I am afraid....try HRPWORLD.COM or stockcarproducts.com as they have a selection of brake ducts in aluminum or carbon..but they will need some mods to make them bolt on...

Last edited:
Fran, I need to know if I will be able to stop in traffic on Woodward! :) I can't help myself..... I keep looking at the build sites with all these cool ideas and I can't stop! (I have to admit, I'm love building this car).

Doc, I will give your suggestion a try! Thank you.

Back