What is this? Lola-Gt40 hybrid?

ibelkzuxquaeu

The guy sez it's a Lola T70, but it does not look 100% like one.
Anyone know?
4560778469 - Ladda-upp.se

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
My Virgin Media security gives a 'Dangerous Page' warning and says this page has been involved in online scams. This is first post, so treat with caution. Has anyone else got through to this page?

regards
Dave

Last edited:
Link worked ok for me, does not look loke any type of lola certainly not T70 looks more like a smaller capacity gt to me perhaps a one off?

The chevron came close but the windows, roof and the fact that it has air intakes makes it different. It's a Swedish page, totally legit, don't know why you got the warning.
I was smitten by the body. I've been planing a type of Murcielago engine/drivetrain setup made of bmw parts. V12 + 5speed. This body comes with a robust chassis as well. Rear spindles missing tho but everything else is there. It's pretty far away from me and the seller seems to old to be botherd about dimensions. That's why I turned to you guys, to get a name so I can look up specs.

Hiltuning please comply with Rule #2 of the forum.

Didn't it say to use my real name or something similar to my real name? My name is Janne Hiltunen, and because I love to tune cars(well, anything with an engine) I naturaly call myself Hiltuning. In finland we go by last name first i.e " Have you heard from Hiltunens Janne lately?"But I will change it if you wish.
The chassis is not that interesting no, but i could chop it up and use some parts like the front end if it looks good IRL. My initial plan was to build something like the Ariel Atom but with a twinturbo BMW M70 and the Murchielago setup I wrote about in an earlier post. Naturaly I piss honey when I see a GT40, Pantera or similar. So you should understand why I want to know what car this is. This one is DIRT cheap chassis included.

My first thought was Chevron B8, and having done a quick Google image search I'd say it is. Early B8's had the door glass fixed to the roof section and that hinged up along the roof centre line, allowing the door to open normally. Most cars now have the roof section fixed and the glass affixed to the door. Not sure on that chassis though, looks production based with those pressed main sections?
Cheers.
Darren.

Googled it and didn't know there were that many chevrons:) I do think you are right, thank you! A B8 it is.
If I buy it I think I'll build a new chassis. Something light and simple. Funny, originaly they used bmw I4 engines, I was planning a v12 but I think I'll go with the v8 m60... a tenth of the price and no bellhouse welding or adapterplates etc.
Let the planning begin!

It's not an aztec, you can see that from where the back of the "cockpit" meets the rear body. On an aztec it slants backwards almost 45°. On the mystery car it's vertical.
It's not the ginetta, above all because of the lack of "lump" in the front. B8 is still my best guess, a b8 without air intakes and gullwing doors. Could not find any pics of gullwing door b8's on google tho. Darren, where did you get the info you gave about the B8?

Compare the door shape with the B8, the B8's are much flatter and do not curve round into the windows as much as your mystery car. The windscreen shape is also wrong, the B8 leading edge is very much bowed forward. All B8 front clips came with recessed headlamp openings. The sills below the door ran the length of the chassis at a constant height and were made from sheet steel curved over the chassis tubes. The front and rear clips came down to meet the sill in line with the door bottom. The cockpit rear bulkhead in your picture appears to be part of the body, on the B8 this was formed by vertical aluminium panelling over the chassis tubes for the upper half, the lower half sloping forward to the floor, made of sheet steel welded to the chassis frame to cover the fuel tank. The window opening in the rear bulkhead is too wide and not deep enough to be a B8 which also has square corners. As regards gull-wing window openings or door cut-outs into the roof I have never seen or heard of that on any Chevron. Good luck with your search!

Good deduction there, paul40n:)
I feel obsessed in a nerdy kind of dr. Sheldon Cooper way with this one. I think i'll go and see it IRL in a week or so. Take a lot of photos and compare to what ever i find on google. Might even buy it. Looking at the chassis it seems to be a bit larger than the B8, which was tiny. This would be a good thing for my V12 plans.
Thanx for the help everyone! Keep this thread in mind if you come across one of these.
/Janne

Back