Whats a 4 speed G50 with a ZF worth?

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Arnie, I believe you are a little confused with the model numbers and terms. Porsche 930 is a 4spd. Porsche G50/xx series boxes are 5spds with turbo boxes commanding a much higher price than a non turbo box. LSD is limited slip differential. ZF is an entirely different trans altogether. I won't comment on prices because I gather your post is in reply to the box I am selling.

Last edited:
Hi Gregg, This does not realate to your box, but I now know you are correct in that the 4spd box from a 930 is not a G50. The ZF relates to the plate type LSD (which are much superior to torque biasing types in my experience).

So this is a 930 4 speed box with a ZF LSD.

That said, further investigation reveals that it is not just the G50/50 and G50/52 which have LSD's, indeed they are optional in most of the other G50 boxes.

What's interesting however is that Ultima's 720bhp record breaking GTR uses a G50/03 and has done for several years of abuse! Seems all the Ultima owners manage to break is thier SBC engines.

If the 930 gearbox is in good, rebuildable condition, then I would estimate it's worth to be around $3,500 to maybe $4,000.

These are very durable gearboxes, and while the ZF LSD is certainly better then the torque biased, or open differentials, they do require constant care and attention, as the friction plates are carbon and are prone to wear quickly.

I hope that this has been some help to you. Let me know if you need to get rid of one.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(303) 443-1343 ext 2 work
(720) 980-9407 cell
[email protected]

Back