Which is the best looking Mark II GT of all ??

I'm curoius as to which one of the Mark II GT's you guys would pick if you had to choose one that really stands out.

Hersh

PS... Mine is the Yellow Orange #8 of the Allen Mann team driven by Whitmore & Gardner. it only made 5 hours at LeMans but boy does it look good!

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 23925-Allen Man 8 whitmore & Gardner.jpg
    23925-Allen Man 8 whitmore & Gardner.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 304
Got to agree with you Hersh. That is the colour I tried to match for my car. I have 2 models of it on the shelf in the lounge. (very sad!). Never got round to fitting the stripes before it went.
Lee

Gold Number 5 Naturally!!

Although a bit bright, people tell me it suits my personality!!

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere where yellow is the most
highly visible car color in use. So just in case other
high end sports cars are in the area...yellow is good.

I think 1046 (Black) would be most evil looking...but the AC
would probably have to be on all the time...and the body
would have to be perfect (not easy with fibreglass).

And of course no one was ever second guessed for painting their car arrest-me red/resale-red...

I really miss all the different colors that Detroit used
in the 1960's...most of todays cars are drab drab drab.

MikeD

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Yep, mine's going to replicate the 1046 colour scheme (black with silver stripes). But of course, being a kiwi, how could I choose anything else? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Several years ago, I saw the MKII that Rick Nagel (DFW) owned out on Irving Blvd here in Dallas for a quick test run... it was yellow (with black stripes... I think) but it looked very cool.. similar to the one pictured above... the sound was awesome too. Saw it up close at his shop one day too... that was long before I was a GT40 enthusiast, but I still remember how cool it was...

mardyn

mardyn

Hi guys

decisions decisions

I couldn't make my mind up so I thought I'd have all three!!

Regards
Chris.

Attachments

• 23993-goodwood three paul3.jpg
    23993-goodwood three paul3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 295
Next question
did you ever wonder how you hang three GT40 MK11's from a 60 m high display?
this was absolutely terrifying to watch
Chris

Attachments

• 23994-best gt 40 photos ever.jpg
    23994-best gt 40 photos ever.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 285
Chris,

You have 3 GT40's? Thats obscene! If storage is a problem, let me know, I have a little extra room... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Dave
well I built the three cars in the photos for the Goodwood Festival of speed,the Gold No5 belongs to Simon Kelly and the other two belong to Mark of MDA.
you can see extra photos on the Goodwood thread.
Regards
Chris.

Hershall,

Despite the fact that a GT40 and Gulf colors is the ticket that most people reffer to(especially since I am a country fellow of Jacky Icxk and myne is in Gulf livery..), I must confess your car is immaculous and the yellow was the Belgian color of racing teams at the time.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris,

This GT40 world is not like playing golf,tennis,football or baseball...you need more than one ball to play with...and you seems to have it right (or left for the UK..?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Fred

Back