Which Weber set up do I need?

I'm looking to upgrade to a set of Weber's. I need advice on what I should get. I realize what I choose has a lot to do with personal taste, but I want to spend my money wisely. Most of my driving will be on the street with occasional track use. My engine was built for high torque low-RPM. Here is what the Weber's would go in:

CIMG0305.jpg

My car is a BEC GT40 Mk1 with a 1965 289 SBF, which is bored and stroked to 305 c.i. and currently built to produce 360 HP and 360 foot pounds of torque. It has a balanced assembly, with forged rods, hypereutectic pistons, split-duration (.520/.523) cam, aluminum heads, 1.6 roller-rockers, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap dual-plane intake, 670 Holley Street Avenger Carburator, MSD Electronic Ignition, Ford Racing valve covers, high-volume oil pump, oversized Milodon oil pan with a “bundle-of-snakes” tuned exhaust. Power is transmitted through a custom-prepared Getrag 01E, 6-speed transaxle. The transaxle is beefed-up and rebuilt (upgraded rear main bearings, altered spigot shaft and altered clutch fork), and can comfortably handle 400 HP.

So what should buy? IDA's or IDF's? And how should I have them set up 40's, 42's, 48's? You get the idea.

When I bought mine from Englese,

They said that split duration cams don't work well with Webers,I don't know if this is true or if they want to sell cams.I put in the cam they recommended and it runs great,But i don't know if my other cam would have worked.My engine is much milder than yours so I don't think my set up would help you to much.I'm sure their are many Weber experts here.

Webers

I have dealt with Pierce manifolds and have been very happy with them. I bought my webers from some one other than them and they helped me grt them right. I have a split duration cam and have no problems. Throtle response is awesome!

Vic

Attachments

• weber #1.JPG
    weber #1.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 729

Ron Earp

Admin
Try our own Advertiser on the forum, Top End Performance. They provide a break on webers for members and seem to know what they are doing. Few of guys have used them in the past and reported good things.

Ron

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Ditto on Pierce. Gave them my engine specs. Shipped me a set of IDAs. Only stepped the mains down one jet size. Top notch...

Any others using Weber's with a split-duration cam? If so, what is your set up and what problems have you had to get them "sorted-out?" Also, any rear window clearance issues?

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Split duration, no problem.
Isky cam 284/294 duration 544/573 lift 110 lobe center
I have about 1" of clearance at the rear stacks.
BTW they are 48IDAs.

Couldn't resist :)
nz40_3.jpg

Back